[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - DIY moonlight in less than a minute: FOOLPROOF

DIY moonlight in less than a minute: FOOLPROOF

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

DIY moonlight in less than a minute: FOOLPROOF

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:15 am

just another DIY for moonlight, YES I say foolproof...

1. NO NEED to worry about voltages.

2. NO NEED to worry about LED ratings.

3. NO NEED for AC/DC converter.

4. JUST PLUG AND PLAY.

it has come to my attention that this diy moonlight thread is so busy with newbies asking for ratings and diagram so i decided to share my easy DIY moonlight.

I have no intention of hi-jacking any thread rather than sharing my own diy for newbies which are not familiar with electrical wirings and electrical skill. Hence, this diy so simple that you just have to attached all the components.

On the other hand, I have design it for my nano tank. Though modifying it for bigger tanks would not be a problem.
follow more:

http://theprodigalcube.blogspot.com/

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 am

lets start with the necessary tools:

1.pliers
2.screw driver
3.soldering iron
follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:58 am

the main components:

map light

i chance to find this in the car accesories section of local shopping mall. I believe it would not be difficult to find this item since they are china made. They should be available anywhere else.

what's the best feature of this item is the mounting bracket where it's like the koralia: "simple and fully adjustable"
Last edited by spy_i on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:06 am

another photo of the map light

follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:12 am

lets start the diy....

open the mobile charger:

and remove the wires connected to the pcb. The wires are not needed so you can throw it. But be sure to remember the polarity of of the wires where it was soldered.

And do the same with the map light to remove the car-jack from the wire.

follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:24 am

now let's solder the map light to the mobile pcb. The same place where the previous wire of the mobile was attached.

combine both wires with the same color....

then lets put it back together...

follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:53 am

SO NOW WE're READY!!! lets test the light....

ready

VOILA!!!! and there was light...........

Last edited by spy_i on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:03 am

and lastly how to mount it?... right??

here's how

flip and peel the backing adhesive!

and stick them where you want them.. Now lets see your tank under the moonlight....HA HA HA!

easy huh!
follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:19 am

very nice sir spy_i.. :D
pwede pa request ng pics ng tank while using this diy.. :D

question lang po.. the charger is 3.6V.. and the light is 12V.. :D so malakas ba talga yung ilaw? :D
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby lombard0 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:56 am

Last edited by lombard0 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
lombard0
reefphilippines member

thanks

Postby rav888 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:26 pm

sir thanks so much for the very detailed instuction. :) :) :)
sir pwede rin po ba ito sa LED strip lights. Im planning po kasi na isingit lang ang magagawa ko na LED strip 48" ( 10 LED's with a distance of 4" each ) sa loob ng isnag reflector ng T% kasi wala na po space sa itaas ng tank eh for another bluepro. thanks sir.
============================

Rav888
rav888
reefphilippines supporter

Postby spy_i » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:53 pm

follow more:

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

nice