[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - pvc pipe overflow.. alá spy_i (visually aided)

pvc pipe overflow.. alá spy_i (visually aided)

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

Postby spy_i » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:24 am

spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby berwyn_realina » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm

berwyn_realina
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm

version 0.2
twin and bigger pipe to handle more flow

TWIN PIPE OVERFLOW:

spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 pm

here's a pix on my tank installed:

note that the pipe covers are remove to auto start the pipe's when the pump is switched off.
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:28 pm

nice innovation to the singapore design... very nice :-)

I am disposing one of the original version I got straight from Singapore before too. You can cover the top but put a hole on its side so that you can fine tune it if it proves noisy.
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby spy_i » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Last edited by spy_i on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby dahcmed » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:47 pm

dahcmed
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 pm

spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby dahcmed » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:11 pm

dahcmed
reefphilippines member

Postby spy_i » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:27 pm

spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby dahcmed » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:47 pm

dahcmed
reefphilippines member

Postby CLYVZ » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:42 am

CLYVZ
reefphilippines supporter

how to start siphon

Postby jblcreature » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:16 am

i did the singapore overflow as shown by the step by step procedure of spy_i, using 1" pipe.
can you please help me on how to start the siphon? I've been trying to start it but without success. Madami na akong nalasahang tubig!
Here's what I did to test the siphon, pls. tell me what I did wrong,
1. I inserted the overflow pipe into a 5 gallon mineral water container filled with tap water.
2. I closed the ball valve going to the outflow pipe.
3. I filled the priming tube with water up to the top.
4. I inserted flexible hose with a smaller diameter than the 1" priming tube.
5. Sucked on the hose until I tasted the water
6. At the same time, open the ball valve to release the water to outflow pipe

What could I be doing wrong?
should the flexible hose fit snugly inside the 1" tube so that no air escapes?
dapat ba when i suck on the hose, the water will be siphoned out continuously to the flexible hose? (I havent been able to achieve this)
When do I exactly open the ball valve?
jblcreature
reefphilippines member

Postby dahcmed » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 pm

jbl,
The intent is to get the air out from the upper U-joint.

So, you can try any of ff:

1) Close the valve, pour water on priming tube and get a small flexible tubing inserted all the way up to the top of the U-joint, and suck the air out.

2) Close the ball valve, hose should fit snugly on the priming tube, and suck

3) Open the valve, submerge the entire overflow under water (in a huge basin) and release all air by flipping it up-down-up, close the valve and cover the priming tube with your hand and put in normal position.

- then open the valve, water should siphon...
dahcmed
reefphilippines member

Postby jblcreature » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:17 pm

thanks dahcmed! I'll try your suggestions tomorrow.
it seems i've been doing your second suggestion, but the problem is i used a small hose that didnt fit snugly into the priming tube.
jblcreature
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Your Self