[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - My ELOS inspired setup - 58G Rimless

My ELOS inspired setup - 58G Rimless

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

My ELOS inspired setup - 58G Rimless

Postby Clam Guy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:50 am

Hi guys!

Following from my previous setup: http://www.reefphilippines.com/forums/v ... 27&start=0
I'm starting a build thread on my new one.

ELOS inspired me to set this design up, and with the help of Marlon who is an absolute genius and a great help, we came up with this:

SPECS:
- The tank measures at 30"Lx25"WX18H" - 58 Gallons
- The sump is about 18 gallons and contains an RO TOP-OFF Reservoir for KALK.

EQUIPMENT:
- Deltec AP600 Skimmer.
- ATI POWERMODULE 8x24W T5 fixture for lighting (this baby will come from Singapore Aquamarin, next week :P ).
- Tunze 6100 with Single Controller for circulation.
- Tunze Osmolator for ATO.
- Kent Marine Phosphate Reactor pumped with an Eheim 1048.
- Sedra 2500 Return Pump
- Aircon and Fans for cooling. My Teco TR15 just broke recently after 18 months of usage. With the 8X24W T5 ATI POWERMODULE, the tank should be a lot cooler, than using my old 400W MH w/ 2X24W T5s Solarmax fixture, which is still for sale BTW :wink:. Now with the aircon on, not only will the tank be cool, but so will I :lol: .

The move to T5s was easy. According to many reefkeeping hobbyists worldwide, the ATI POWERMODULE is probably the best current T5 fixture out there on the market in terms of performance and durability. And it's more economical to use in the long run for me. I also like the ability to choose the color I want just by changing bulbs.

The bulb combination I will be using are 4 ATI Blue plus, 2 ATI Aqua Blue Specials, and 2 KZ Fiji Purples. According to the Grim Reefer in RC, who is "The T5 guru", I should be able to grow SPS and Clams in any part of my tank with this combo.

And of course, this will be an SPS/Clam dominated setup.

Here are more pics:

That's it for now. Again, thanks to Marlon, whom I highly recommend. He's your one stop shop for tank design and construction.

Will post more when I return to Manila, as I'm currently in HK right now.

Thanks for viewing...
And God said let the water teem with living creatures and he saw that it was good.

http://www.reefphilippines.com/forums/v ... php?t=7694
Clam Guy
reefphilippines member

Postby mikko » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:53 am

very nice and clean looking setup.. keep us update with your setup bro..:D
mikko15
50 gallon FOWLR (converting it to aggressive tank)
40 gal sump w/ 4" DSB and mangroves
Seio M820, sun-sun jvp101a
rio 10hf
jebo protein skimmer
300 gal pond for my koi's

planning to upgrade to 150 gallon reef tank with 65 Gal Sump soon pag may budget na
mikko
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 am

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby phantom » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:09 am

Rimless 16gal 18"x18"x12" : 03.06.09

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. -Steve Jobs
phantom
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:31 am

JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby mikedown » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:43 am

mikedown
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Clam Guy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:40 pm

And God said let the water teem with living creatures and he saw that it was good.

Clam Guy
reefphilippines member

Postby Clam Guy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Clam Guy
reefphilippines member

Postby Clam Guy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Clam Guy
reefphilippines member

Postby Clam Guy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Clam Guy
reefphilippines member

Postby Clam Guy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Clam Guy
reefphilippines member

Postby gindavid22 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Saging lang ang may puso!
gindavid22
reefphilippines member

Postby TOMMYTAN27 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 am

TOMMYTAN27
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:59 am

JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project