. . . mods padelete . . .

A forum for people interested in keeping large reef tanks. This forum is dedicated to water volumes of 150 gallons and larger.

Postby nhard » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:35 pm

meron po ako RO system w/ reservoir na naka connect sa system thru PVC pipes which is as of now capable of holding around 200 gallons of water. pero honestly i wont be doing tooooo much water change since based po sa experience ko with large volume of water in a stable system it's better to leave them the way they are since my Nitrate rarely goes higher than 4 ppm because of the C.prolifera and C.Racemosa. and phospate is being addressed by the same specie. Still thinking of adding the chaetos in there as per sir charles' suggestion.
Great minds will always encounter violent reactions from people with mediocre brains...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby waterlou » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:37 am

wow laki ng expenses nyan... not to mention maintenance + utilities bills
waterlou
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 am

utility would go up a minimum of 15thou per month. :( that's life po sir eh. nobody told me this is a cheap hobby anyway.. hehehe lahat tayo at one point is going out of the budget na. that's what i feel. hehehe
Great minds will always encounter violent reactions from people with mediocre brains...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby gonzaimaki » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:56 am

15K a month, wala nga po talagang gagawa ng large volume tanks here pag ganyan ang maintenance haha! Kaya nga napapansin ko Nano ata uso now eh!b Small volumes of additives, smaller pumps, less lighting fixtures, less volumes of weekly water changes, pero syempre less din yung corals hahaha! (lagot kasi kay misis pag laging walang intrega sa sweldo)
Success is to be measured, not so much by the position that one has reached in life...
but by the obstacles which he has overcome...
gonzaimaki
reefphilippines member

Postby waterlou » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:58 am

well good for you bro you have a budget for it :wink:

others kasi (like me) sinisingit ko lang to sa budget for our basic expenses and necessities... yung iba dito di na kumakain sa school makaipon lang ng pambili ng equipment sa tank...hehe

anyway, we'll be looking forward to your setup - worth the wait i guess
waterlou
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:05 am

I dont really have the budget for it. i saved up for it lng po (7 months 3 weeks to be exact of saving up any extra dough). gumawa ng budget. hehehe.. just so happened i really have the passion for it. some people spend millions on their cars and setting it up. i wont mind spending a lot on something that would give me peace of mind and would soothe tensions and take away stress. cguro po iba iba lng din ng level ng extremeness ang mga tao. i just like doing things extreme. kaya pag nag fail extremely heart broken din. heheh.. i have 2 kids and a wife din po. sending two of my sisters to school also. pero sbi nga ni wifey, if that four-pcs of glass with some outrageously expensive fishes is what's making you ease stress nobody can * around and tell you not to do it your way. im not a successful reefer in more aspects than one but if you love something you wont give a damn how many times you fail right? IMO lng...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby waterlou » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 am

same here - too stressed out sa work... pero have to limit my budget. mas mahirap ma-stress sa payables hehe :wink:
waterlou
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:11 am

uu hahaha.. tama ka po sir. mas nakakastress pag nag over invest sa start and nagkaron ng reality check with regards to priorities.. that's why im not rushing also. the bigger the savings the better cushion just incase something goes wrong or may emergency expense that comes up. anyhow sana tlga matuloy paguwi ko early next year para masetup ko na ung tank ko. :(
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby randiedonhito » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 am

nhard wrote:I dont really have the budget for it. i saved up for it lng po (7 months 3 weeks to be exact of saving up any extra dough). gumawa ng budget. hehehe.. just so happened i really have the passion for it. some people spend millions on their cars and setting it up. i wont mind spending a lot on something that would give me peace of mind and would soothe tensions and take away stress. cguro po iba iba lng din ng level ng extremeness ang mga tao. i just like doing things extreme. kaya pag nag fail extremely heart broken din. heheh.. i have 2 kids and a wife din po. sending two of my sisters to school also. pero sbi nga ni wifey, if that four-pcs of glass with some outrageously expensive fishes is what's making you ease stress nobody can * around and tell you not to do it your way. im not a successful reefer in more aspects than one but if you love something you wont give a damn how many times you fail right? IMO lng...

hi bro, your right, in can somehow take away stress, peace of mind and it works for me, maraming oras na nasa harap ako ng tank ko, if you want talaga ng big, i mean really big tank, well do it, sa manila ocean park lang sa pinas yata makikita ang malaking aquarium, go for it bro. :D
btw, welcome to RP. :D
randiedonhito
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:48 am

interesting, i am surprised you got a quote for php 250k from Mang Ramon... how much of the 250k is for the materials versus labor?
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

* RO (DDNW-150-6530 2pumps) + ORP
* Teco TR20 + 2x MaxSpect 160w LEDs + Vin's Cab+Sump *
* 2x Vortech MP40W + RKE + FS-WaveBox + 3xTunze Pumps on 2x 7095's + HF20 *
jackryan

Postby acespino2000 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:42 am

confused ako hehehe

sa OMAN ba ilalagay to o sa Pinas ?

malapalasyo siguro bahay mo bro....big time

basta request ko lang...tank tour hahahah

sana maglagay ka ng sirena dyan para cool :twisted:
acespino2000
reefphilippines member

Postby Flexi2009 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 am

khuran - ime sa natural system wala na masyado water change...more on topping off sa water evaporation

siguro may water change only kung mataas yon nitrates

i got 4 tanks running different versions variations of ATS/cheato combo with liverocks, bihira na ako mag water change for any of them...(nabwas tuloy yon weekly regimen ko of 12 jugs na 5 gallons) tipid sa oras,gastos and muscle power :)

major cause of death ko nowadays fish jumping suicide due to away na lang despite months of living in peace..lumalaki siguro at na crowded

tapos with just better lights FOWLR tank easily can become reef tanks na
even temperature is not a big problem anymore :idea:
Flexi2009
reefphilippines member

Postby WEDS » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 am

acespino2000 wrote:sana maglagay ka ng sirena dyan para cool :twisted:

maraming tank ganyan... dyan dyan lang :lol:

@nhard - kaya tinatanong ko, it might be best to include the design during the construction of the house. the downside to that is it may be burden when selling the house coz the new owner may not want to keep MA. :)
WEDS
reefphilippines member

Postby randiedonhito » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:11 am

WEDS wrote:
acespino2000 wrote:sana maglagay ka ng sirena dyan para cool :twisted:

maraming tank ganyan... dyan dyan lang :lol:

hehehehehe, ibang aquarium naman yan e, walang laman na tubig,

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sorry sa OT
randiedonhito
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 am

jackryan wrote:interesting, i am surprised you got a quote for php 250k from Mang Ramon... how much of the 250k is for the materials versus labor?

would you be able to share details on this? I am just curious why the quote came up that high...

if it's glass based and you will have it customised due to the lenght, perhaps it will be expensive but not to the levels of php 250k.

Which brings me to the other question --- location? Where are you going to have this installed as transporting the materials and even the installers may add into your escalation costs.
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

* RO (DDNW-150-6530 2pumps) + ORP
* Teco TR20 + 2x MaxSpect 160w LEDs + Vin's Cab+Sump *
* 2x Vortech MP40W + RKE + FS-WaveBox + 3xTunze Pumps on 2x 7095's + HF20 *
jackryan

PreviousNext

Return to Large Reef Tanks