[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD UNDERWATER GLUE FOR GLUING LIVE ROCK

PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD UNDERWATER GLUE FOR GLUING LIVE ROCK

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD UNDERWATER GLUE FOR GLUING LIVE ROCK

Postby smellzlikefish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 am

Hello everyone.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I am new to the hobby. I am not sure about what to use to glue live rock together.

My live rock is wet and cured. I plan to take the LR out of the tank for the construction, and then put the completed structure back into the tank. The rocks will be wet at all times.

I have tried to research this online, but I can only find brands that people are using in the states. I want to know what is available here in the Philippines.

Please tell me what you have used in the past. Please tell me the brand name if possible. Please tell me where you bought it from. Please explain the product, so that I know what to ask for.

If you have have tried things in the past and have bad luck with any products, please share your bad experiences with me about gluing LR, so that I do not make the same mistake.

Just to be clear, this is for live rock only, not for corals.

I would also like something thicker than superglue, so that I can build up some parts of the rock and change the angle and stuff like that.

Thanks again

Shawn
smellzlikefish
reefphilippines member

Re: PLEASE RECOMMEND A GOOD UNDERWATER GLUE FOR GLUING LIVE

Postby jazz0821 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 am

Try Pioneer aqua epoxy clay available in all ace hardware i think :)
cheers! :)
jazz0821
reefphilippines member

Postby smellzlikefish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 am

Thanks Jazz for the smooth reply.

Is this the stuff your talking about?

http://www.hellotrade.com/republic-chem ... oduct.html

Does anybody else have experience with this stuff?

Does it come in a larger size?

What color is it when it drys?

thanks again

peace!!!!!!!!!

Shawn
smellzlikefish
reefphilippines member

Postby dskywalker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 am

Try to check this one, I haven't tried it but I am planning to, just in case let me know too

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12383
50gal DT
20gal Back sump
weipro sa-2012 skimmer
resun sp-6000 for return and skimmer
sunsun JVP-101 3000L/H wave maker
Odyssea 2x39w T5HO (1x12k and 1xActinic)
Odyssea 4x39w T5HO (2X14k Arcadia and 2xActinic) w/ moonlights
Dymax digital thermometer
resun hydrometer
dskywalker
reefphilippines member

Postby smellzlikefish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks Skywalker

Awesome that I now have two examples of stuff to use.

Thanks also for the link. I like that it's coraline colored also.

I will have to try that stuff also.

I'll let you guys know how that stuff is.

Thanks brah

Shawn
smellzlikefish
reefphilippines member

Postby dskywalker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:53 pm

50gal DT
20gal Back sump
weipro sa-2012 skimmer
resun sp-6000 for return and skimmer
sunsun JVP-101 3000L/H wave maker
Odyssea 2x39w T5HO (1x12k and 1xActinic)
Odyssea 4x39w T5HO (2X14k Arcadia and 2xActinic) w/ moonlights
Dymax digital thermometer
resun hydrometer
dskywalker
reefphilippines member

Postby jazz0821 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

cheers! :)
jazz0821
reefphilippines member

Return to Do It Your Self