help needed..

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

help needed..

Postby ACEastig » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi guys,

im trying to set up a 35 gallons fish tank.. this is my first time to set up a salt water fish tank using a solution for water. im not sure with the brand. (eto yung nabibili sa Bioresearch) i dont know how to use it and when i can use it.

this is the 2nd time i will set up a salt water aquarium but the 1st time i bought the water at Cartimar but it was not successful due to typhoon and brownout before.
PLEASE HELP ME..

what gadgets i need to have and what are the things i need to know as well?

THANK YOU
ACEastig
reefphilippines member

Re: help needed..

Postby SHOKOY » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 am

Better do some articles reading first bro before buying anything and don't be shy to post questions in our forum section. Also, you can visit members tank set up, you can get more idea there.
Take your time that's the secret. :D
Sent from my NOKIA 5110...

CORAL LIBRARY>>> http://sdmas.com/corals/species.php
SHOKOY
reefphilippines member

Postby lanreef » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Do some readings about your tnak equipments. You can use some books.
For some equipments you need these are some.
1. Skimmer that fits in your 35 gallon tank waterflow
2. If you are not using sump, filtration media can do the task. You can use a trickle filter, overhead filter, sump filters and powerheads.
3. Pump for your return and oxygen.
4. Optional, a chiller for hot places and a heater for colder places.
5. Hydrometer or Refractometer for measuring your salinity levels.
6. Thermometer for monitoring temperatures.
7. Lamps, according to values and intensities from natural to actinic, some are HPI, VHD, halide.
8. Control outlet for your connections, a power shortcut circuit.
9. Optional some clamps for your food.
Some Do's
1. You must operate with a skimmer. It helps to regulates your wastes and nitrites.
2. Sump is also favorable in the filtration process. If you don't have a sump, a good filtration media may do the task.
3.You must have a good parameters by doing this, you need to have test kits.
4. Parameters must be in optimal to the least level for your nitrates, nitrites and ammonia, the ph is around 8.
5. Do water changes at least ten percent or your tank every week.
6. Always check your operational if it is doing well.
7. Buy fishes in good quality, know first the compatibility and what are beginner and professional fish to handle. Don't mix them up to reduce costs.
8. Buy fish food for your fish needs. Don't overfeed, feed them that they can consume in 2 minutes. remove uneaten foods to avoid nitrites levels.
9. Medicate properly, don't use medications not intended to it.
10. Maintain the parameters of your tank well. Check your lights and filtration every week.
11. Put additives if you have invertibrates like iodine, calcium, strontium and other vitamins. They increase the growth of your pets.
12. Don't overcrowd your tank. Select fish that are easy to keep for you. Don't buy for the beauty or color only.
13. Liverocks are best way to start your tank to cycle. The more liverocks the better.
14. You can buy algae but be careful because some of them are nitrite consumer and releaser.
15. Buy fish that at beginner's levels before you go up to another level of higher fish and Enjoy your tank bro.
Tank size- 75 gallons
Filtration- Berlin System
Fish-damselfish, clownfish, wrasses, tangs, hawfi
A true Hobbyist is measured in his ways to take care of his pets not the measure at ways.
lanreef
reefphilippines member

Postby bojing4ever » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi,

Look mo tol sa google this site aboutsaltwater you will find lots and lots of info.

Happy Reefing
Nick
bojing4ever
reefphilippines member

Return to Do It Your Self