[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Done Project)

SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Done Project)

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 20)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:21 am

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 20)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Day 21

i'm already a week delayed... bad trip! anyway, i completed most of the sealing today so medyo bangag ako sa amoy ng epoxy lol! most of the sealing of the sump were done but has taken up almost all my time because of the rain again. i had to stop several times because the draft was getting in my workspace. half of tomorrow will be about sealing again... haay...

this is the chamber where the water goes down for the DT. 3 layers of epoxy were applied to seal the wood

getting ready for the paint

the overflow...

the rear wall covered wilh sand...

i will be posting more tomorrow. thanks for viewing.
Last edited by Sea Turtle on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 21)

Postby waterlou » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:01 am

galing naman. concerned lang ako sa corners. make sure lang na well covered ng epoxy. :)
34L AquaStyle 380
Skimmerless
Sumpless
FOWLR
waterlou
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Day 22

the minor trimmings were already placed so as the last panel of the sump. will also do the final coating of the sump later on. cabinet doors will be installed tomorrow.

pulling this upright again was quite a feat. thought i was going to break my backbone lol! main window will be installed later

the last panel of the sump was installed while the tank was laying on its back. final sealing will be done later

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 23)

Postby Sea Turtle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Day 23

the main window was installed this morning. epoxy was laid on the base of frame before putting the glass and finally screwing it on place. the corners were siliconed to seal the glass. the right panel was also installed and is currently being prepared for painting by spreading glazing putty on its surface.

main window was already installed...

the right panel prior to painting...

master drain. this one is off limits to kids lol!
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 26)

Postby Sea Turtle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Day 26

The panels that will cover the exposed edges were already installed. the rear wall of the sump and the overflow panel were already coated with epoxy and will be put tomorrow. the top brace was also installed and will be coated with another layer of epoxy later on...

tank interior. final layer of epoxy will be laid tomorrow and hopefully the leak test will be done by sunday. the middle brace will be screwed after the final sealing of the interior...

tomorrow will probably be the messiest day in this build... will do a lot of sanding in preparation for the painting. all details are expected to be done by sunday. wish me luck.

thanks for viewing!
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby silver gabarda » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:23 pm

:shock:

ang tindi ng design sir.

thank you for posting.
[FOWLR][NEWBIE]

50gal DT
20gals sump
Sun Sun Wavepump
[MOD]Queen Turbo Skimmer, SQ600
RIO Return PUmp
DIY Overflow
T5
LS: 2 Percula clown,1tomato clown,2 Sergeant Damsel,
CUC: 2 nasarius snail and turbo snail
silver gabarda
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby carlos_carancho » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 pm

ganda namn sir. pulidong pulido! haha. gwaping ng tank. :shock:
carlos_carancho
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 28)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Day 27-28

90% of the glazing were done yesterday and also the finishing of some minor fixtures...

most of the sanding were done this morning and it should be done later in the afternoon so i could paint the unit and put the vinyls. the top brace was also done today and will be painted later on. i was about to leak test the sump when i found hairline openings in one of the walls of the sump. i must have diverted my attention when i installed that wall and forgot to seal it properly. so no choice but to drop what i was doing and seal that part. the hardest part here was to crawl inside the sump. it took me about two hours before i could seal it completely.

the top panel was supposed to be done before lunch but i was delayed by sealing this:

i will be posting more pics later. thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 29)

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Day 29

The top frame and the center frame were already installed and the sump was also sealed. The back panel was already covered and will be painted hopefully by tomorrow. Other than that most of the day was consumed mostly by sanding and further glazing.

to be painted tomorrow.

the left chamber. ready for the leak test...

the return chamber. leak test will be done tomorrow...

will try to install the cab doors tomorrow and some of the vinyls. will also do the leak test of the sump. thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 30)

Postby Sea Turtle » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Day 30
Cabinet doors were already installed and was painted black inside. tomorrow the vinyls will be put as the main color of the stand and the metallic black will serve as the accent. sump leak test will be done tomorrow instead of today while the main tank leak test will be done on thursday. hopefully the hood will be done tomorrow...

more updates will come tomorrow. thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 31)

Postby Sea Turtle » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Day 31

the overflow panel was installed and sealed today and also the hood - it will be glazed and painted tomorrow. the left sump was leak tested and everything went good. the right sump will be tested tomorrow together with the main tank. i also did the vinyls today with the rightmost panel and as usual there were errors during the first try. :lol:

the hood will be finalized tomorrow along with the electrical stuff...

first panel to be "vinyled..."

the leak test...

will be posting more tomorrow. thamks for viewing...
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Your Self