[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Done Project)

SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Done Project)

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Done Project)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am

after several discussions this project got the green light and with the permission of sir James, the would-be owner of this tank, i will be posting the daily progress on this build here on RP.

so... the build will look like this:

it's external dimensions would be 60x30x55 (including the hood); internals are 54x24x24. capacity is roughly 135 gallons and comes with the standard overflow-sump-return system. the sump btw is roughly 40 gal. this tank is intended for a FW set-up.

hope you'll enjoy this one...

NOTE: pics will be posted tomorrow... i'm tired. LOL!
Last edited by Sea Turtle on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am

DAY 1

i only worked for 3 hours today due to some unexpected things. so the progress isn't much. so...

these are some of the cut wood and tomorrow they will be sanded.

base of the tank sitting on 2x3 lumbers. i haven't applied epoxy here yet...

the rear wall of the tank with the first layer of epoxy.

and finally, my lovely assistant. lol!

i will be trying to build the foundations of the tank tomorrow and hopefully i'll be able to make the sump too... thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 1)

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 am

DAY 2

minor update: built the foundations of the stand. i ran out of L-brackets so i wasn't able to finish this part. hopefully i'll get this done later. Image
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 am

gusto mo matuto ng tamang carpentry..:D ang dali ng buhay pag may power tools!
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:57 am

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 3)

Postby Sea Turtle » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:45 pm

DAY 3

The stand was finally erected. due to the discrepancies in the wood, all gaps will be filled up with epoxy.Image
A student of mine (5 year-old kid) thought this was a mini wrestling ring. lol!

leveled so far...

the rear wall on its 2nd layer of epoxy. third will be done later.

will be trying to post some more later depending on what happens... thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:34 am

nakapako ba yung wood? or naka brackets lang?:D
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Sea Turtle » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:21 pm

nakapako po sir, braced and glued together using epoxy. will be posting the updates later.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby tugasi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:10 pm

nice GSD you have there,,, i miss Django my everdearest GSD :( sorry sa off topic,, cant help it
tugasi
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:34 am

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:48 am

due to the frequent afternoon showers, the sealing of the wood was put on hold several times added to that was a busy week. so the progress was a bit slow but hopefully i could install the all panels this weekend so painting could be started out immediately.

this is the basic framework of the stand prior to sanding. the base of the tank was already coated with its first layer of epoxy. will be adding more layers tomorrow.

these are some of the cut out panels that will serve as the interior walls of the sump. sanding will also be done tomorrow plus the final application of epoxy.

glass will be delivered on monday (fingers crossed) so the i also be making the main tank tomorrow and hopefully it will be done by sunday.

thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 6)

Postby Mr.PagIbig » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 am

very nice build! im looking forward to this one, taggin along! :D
Ideal water parameters.. For reef aquaria
PH 7.8-8.5
Salinity 35PPT SG=1.026
Temperature 76-83*F
Phosphate <0.03ppm
Ammonia <0.1ppm
Calcium 380-450ppm
Alkalinity 2.5-4meq/L
7-11DKH
Magnesium 1250-1350ppm
Mr.PagIbig
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 6)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 am

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 7)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:19 am

the sealing of the wood took longer than expected so the whole day was consumed by it. some of the panels in the sump were already installed and hopefully all the panels will be done by tomorrow so the last coating of waterproofing will be accomplished.

pics...
parts of the sump were installed. third layer of epoxy was done and hopefully by tomorrow (god i hope it won't rain) the topcoat will be accomplished.

the return chamber...

thanks for viewing...
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: SeaTurtle 135gal Custom Build (Day 8)

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:35 pm

the day started alright. i drilled holes already and pre-assembled the walls of the main tank.
holes are 2 inches apart

the base of the main tank still needs to be coated with one more layer of epoxy

i was already finalizing the installation of the sump and to apply the top coat when disaster came at past twelve noon...
my newly cycled tank. lol!

...the heavy rains instantly flooded my work area. the cause of this catastrophe was clogged downspouts due to accumulated leaves and negligence on my part. good thing most of the wood were removed right away but there were some that got wet and even soaked. i'm planning to use a heat gun to dry them tomorrow (out of desperation lol!). wish me luck. thanks for viewing.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Do It Your Self