[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Basic things you will need in setting up a marine aquarium

Basic things you will need in setting up a marine aquarium

If you are new to the hobby and would like to have some personalized attention, this is the forum to post your questions

Postby jolt26 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:31 pm

Welcome to ReefPhilippines!

Hero of Rome

http://s1.gladiatus.ph/game/c.php?uid=18795
jolt26

Postby RS » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:20 pm

RS
reefphilippines member

Postby RS » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:21 pm

RS
reefphilippines member

Hi

Postby strayWOLF » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:14 am

strayWOLF
reefphilippines member

Postby manmarine » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:17 pm

20G aquarium without sump and skimmer:
6T5s: actinic/6500K/12000K/actinic/6500K/actinic with fans
1 pump for circulation
inhabitants: 3 orange-lined cardinal (apogon cyanosoma) & 7 snails
corals: blue actino, ricordeas (yellow & orange), open brains (green & red), orange brain, green lobo brain, chalices (green & violet), 2 red scolemia, celerina (green and pink), green star polyp, blastomussa (pink, red, violet/green, blue, red/violet, violet/red, red/blue).
manmarine
reefphilippines member

aquarium

Postby acespino2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:15 pm

acespino2000
reefphilippines member

tanks

Postby rav888 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:38 pm

sir, welcome to RP. :)
Check the members tank thread for the ideal tank set. A lot of gurus' and newbies' tank posted in that particular forum are products of RP's team effort.

check the memebrs tank to inspire you more, for sure all the members here are more than willing to help/assist you in setting up your own tank.

happy reefing.

you will see the difference :D :D :D
============================

Rav888
rav888
reefphilippines supporter

Postby pedrupenduku » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:22 am

pedrupenduku
reefphilippines member

Postby audioactive08 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:56 am

-Marty

To err is human, but to do the same error all over again is stupid.
If don't have patience for the hobby, it's better to quit.

Almost All-DIY 50g BB Mixed Reef, DIY Rocks / Plugs, Modded sunsun, Modded RO. 150w MH + Lumenarc.

Some fishes, Some SPS, Zoanthids and some other odds and ends.
audioactive08
reefphilippines member

Postby pedrupenduku » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:43 am

pedrupenduku
reefphilippines member

Postby audioactive08 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:02 am

-Marty

To err is human, but to do the same error all over again is stupid.
If don't have patience for the hobby, it's better to quit.

Almost All-DIY 50g BB Mixed Reef, DIY Rocks / Plugs, Modded sunsun, Modded RO. 150w MH + Lumenarc.

Some fishes, Some SPS, Zoanthids and some other odds and ends.
audioactive08
reefphilippines member

Postby pedrupenduku » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:41 am

[quote="audioactive08"][quote="pedrupenduku"]i've been doing research but there are things that i still can't understand,

is my 15 gal sump enough for my 50 gal main tank?
depends on what equipments you want to use.

I am going to use skimmer and two pumps, one will be for the skimmer and the other one will be for the return pipe.

i've been seeing sumps that has divisions, what are those for? do i really need to do that too?
those are bubble traps/baffles, to prevent bubbles from getting to the main tank, some partition may be used as a refugium.

so how many divisions do I need to put for my sump tank? what do I need to put for each division for the bubble traps/baffles?

refugium? is that as necessary as the sump tank? or is it part of the sump tank? is it ok not to have a refugium at all?

for the overflow and return pipes, is it ok to make just one pipe for each? i mean, one overflow and one return pipe? i've seen some that has more than one overflow pipes, how do i set it up properly?
two or more overflows are better, you might want to check out the calfo overflow. (check sir rio's tank.) :wink:

I will check it out sir, which is better ( for my tank that is ), a 1" inch pipe or a 1/2" pipe? with your suggestion sir I will be using two overflow pipes on both sides/ends or my tank and the return pipe will be on top (at one end).

thanks for your answers sir, you are very helpful... and hope you won't stop answering my questions... :P
pedrupenduku
reefphilippines member

Postby pedrupenduku » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:43 am

pedrupenduku
reefphilippines member

Postby aquaNeedsRus » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:59 pm

aquaNeedsRus
reefphilippines member

Postby robieducks » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:51 pm

bro, very helpful!!! thanks very much
robieducks
reefphilippines member