[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Aquareef's 100gals DT

Aquareef's 100gals DT

Authorized Distributors: Aqua Illumination, Ecotech Marine, PolypLab

Moderator: aquareef

Re: Aquareef's 100gals DT

Postby aquareef » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:08 am

Contact me Via SMS / Viber / WeChat or Call for Quicker Response
Kindly Leave your Name or Username when Inquiring

Mobile : +63 9228887867
Location 1 : Malate, Manila ( LRT1-Quirino Avenue Station )
Location 2 : Grace Park, Caloocan City ( LRT1-5th Avenue Station )

Like us on our Facebook Page :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aquareef ... 654?ref=hl
aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 pm

On my 2nd week of cycling. Put another 10pcs of dead shrimps :|

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm

5th week of cycling & all parameters are already settled except for Nitrate which still reads at 80ppm. I hope it'll be over soon so I can transfer some LS 8)

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Update:

Tank has been cycling for more than 6 weeks already & still the nitrate level has'nt gone down yet.

Contemplating to install a reactor to be able to start putting LS.... :roll:

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby ASAN3.1416 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

22 gal AGA nano w/ ATS and Cheato
150 par 38 MH 20k
ASAN3.1416
reefphilippines supporter

Postby jackryan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Patience is what one of the real gurus in RP has preached to us before... if you were able to wait for 5 weeks now, just extend your patience a bit more and surely, you will reap the benefits of doing so in the long run...
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby waterlou » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 am

it took 1 year for my tank to reach zero nitrates and phosphates. (consumed 4 small bottles of cossack vodka and 2 bottles of MB7 for 6+ months)

but still don't know why i have GHA growing in my DT. :(

patience bro. :)
34L AquaStyle 380
Skimmerless
Sumpless
FOWLR
waterlou
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 am

did you use a lot of dead shrimp to start your cycle? nitrates arent removed during the initial cycling of a tank. the bacteria that removes nitrates an anaerobic and need a dsb to survive so they take much longer to colonize and establish in a tank. the ammonia and nitrite eating bacteria however are the ones that show up more easily and could be used as an indicator to how far into cycling you are. to add to that, if you used a lot of dead shrimp, that means more ammonia, more ammonia is more nitrites, and more nitrites is more nitrates. and because the bacteria that eat the nitrates arent that plenty yet, then its probably gonna be like that for a while longer. you could do a water change after the 6th week and add a bit of LS. thats what i did!

i talked to sir phil recently and he actually recommends a 3-6 month cycle for a proper tank!
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby christian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 am

are you going to dose vodka or any carbon source like biopellets? if yes, start dosing some culture bacteria... it will help stabilize your system... hth
desperately trying to find new ways to ease reefkeeping... :)

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

180 gallons reef tank of my parents:
viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9506
christian
reefphilippines supporter

Postby aquareef » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:09 am

he he he remember bro "PATIENCE" is the key to the success in this kind of hobby :wink: ,if I were you I would wait for another week or so till the nitrate gone down to minimal level.[/quote]

Bro Meynard you are absolutely right ... I know am supposed to have patience in this hobby I got

into :D but sometimes I was thinking why does it take so long particularly the nitrate level to show

some improvement :? guess i need to wait for a few more weeks or so & see what happens from

thereon :) Thanks for the comment.

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 am

Patience is what one of the real gurus in RP has preached to us before... if you were able to wait for 5 weeks now, just extend your patience a bit more and surely, you will reap the benefits of doing so in the long run...[/quote]

Appreciated your insights & the thoughts you just gave Sir Jack. It's because of experienced fellow

reefers like you guys here who are always & willing to help out & give encouragement to neophytes

in order for us to have the correct attitude & be successful in reefkeeping :wink: Thanks again!
Last edited by aquareef on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:50 pm

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:29 pm

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby aquareef » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm

aquareef
reefphilippines member

Postby naivete » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:33 pm

naivete
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Aquareef's Den