[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Need help with wifi setup

Need help with wifi setup

A place where you can discuss anything, its your call

Need help with wifi setup

Postby Reefing Aquarist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:23 pm

hi,

For the techies out there. Need help with wifi setup. Skybraodband recently installed a wifi modem in my living room. I need to extend the signal to reach my bedroom which is on the other end of the house. Of course there would be walls and furnitures in between.

My problem is i installed a repeater but the speed went down to maybe one-fourth the actual speed in mh bedroom. As i understand, using a repeater really cuts down the speed. I can not configure the dlink as an access point naman simply becuase it would mean running a long wire/cable from the living room to the bedroom.

So my question is how can i extend the original wifi signal without sacrificing the bandwidth? Is there a way like buying a different brand of wifi repeater or buying bigger antena? Or maybe na setup ko lang mali yung repeater kaya sobra sya bagal? I dont see any other options sa wizard kasi when setting up the dlink except choosing between access point or repeater. Medyo straightforward naman ang wizard. Can anyone point me to a store where I can ask and maybe buy something for my purpose? By the way i am using dlink N30 with only two antenas.

Thanks in advance.
Reefing Aquarist
reefphilippines member

Re: Need help with wifi setup

Postby mindfreak » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

anu brand nung modem na ginamit mo as repeater bro? the way see it mukhang two devices running on different subnets kaya hindi magkakitaan ng ayos.
With Gratitude,

- Everything is relative in this hobby.
What works for me may not work for you.
mindfreak
reefphilippines member

Postby mindfreak » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:41 pm

it would be of great help to analyze your problem if you can provide the LAN IP of your main modem and repeater.
With Gratitude,

mindfreak
reefphilippines member

Postby actino » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:01 pm

If you plan to use wireless repeater, then your bandwidth is immediately compromised, there is no workaround here specially if the signal is already weak.

Wired access point is a lot better. You just have to deal with the wire.
actino
reefphilippines member

Postby Reefing Aquarist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Reefing Aquarist
reefphilippines member

Postby Reefing Aquarist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Reefing Aquarist
reefphilippines member

Postby Reefing Aquarist » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Reefing Aquarist
reefphilippines member

Postby lickweed » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:46 pm

lan ip is the gateway to the portal of your modem, i also suggest that you should wired the modem to the repeater, if the modem to repeater is wireless, it will surely loss bandwidth
lickweed
reefphilippines member

Postby actino » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:46 am

actino
reefphilippines member

Postby mindfreak » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:28 am

to get the IP of your modem. just go to the command prompt (just select the "run" options and type "cmd") and type ipconfig. The line indicating Default Gateway is the IP of your modem.
With Gratitude,

mindfreak
reefphilippines member

Postby Reefing Aquarist » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 am

Hi Sir,

Thanks. I will try that later tonight.

Appreciate the help.:- :-)
Reefing Aquarist
reefphilippines member