[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - A Warning to All... Who is Glennalbert?

A Warning to All... Who is Glennalbert?

A place where you can discuss anything, its your call

A Warning to All... Who is Glennalbert?

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 am

Hello to all! after discussing things with some of the members here along with the permission of the Admin, i decided to post this matter re an issue with glennalbert. i am hoping that this post will serve its purpose, as a warning and awareness as well, to everybody...

Over a month ago, i was contacted by Glenn for a 400-gal tank project. Against my better judgment, considering the things that he did to me in the past, i accepted the project. Long story short, everything was finalized and the project took off after i've met the client (along with glenn). At first, the project was going smoothly until some odd things happened that made me and the client quite uneasy and doubtful.

First incident (prior to the meeting): the client instructed glenn to purchase a chiller for his upcoming 400-gallon tank. Glenn purchased a chiller from a LFS (1/3hp; teco). he told the client that it's P36k. Shameful part is, the client found out from the LFS that the chiller was only P24k. I called the same LFS and the owner was even willing to give it to me for P22.5k.

Second incident: The client informed me that before we met, he gave glenn a total of P75k as a downpayment for the tank, stand, hood, sump and the chiller. the excess money will be used for delivery expenses and other things that will be needed in the project. But the thing is, when the client is asking for the excess money, Glenn couldn't give it back... and instead, he told the client that an "emergency" happened and had to use it. until now, glenn never showed nor even had the initiative to settle things.

Third incident: He was selling live rocks to the client for P126/kg! and the client needs a little over 200 kilos! He insisted that the live rocks are fully cured and free from parasites and the rocks are covered with coralline. now if you'll just think about it, the tank that the rocks will be in isn't cycled yet... now what's the coralline for? and what the hell is with the price?! moreover, considering how he maintains his tanks, i doubt that the rocks will undergo proper curing.

Now to top it all off... Glenn insisted that what he was doing is just "helping" and that somehow is blaming me for not backing him up with the client. I mean, why in the world would i help someone who has malicious intent and betrayed not only the client but me as well?

Perhaps some would say that it's just money... but it's not all that. the mere fact that we have treated glenn with respect and trust, he should have returned the favor by not deceiving us. This is a matter of TRUST, which is one of the most important things not only in the reef hobbyists' circle but to every aspect of our relationship with everybody around us as well.

This incident is very unfortunate... Glenn is detrimental not only to the site but to the hobby and the members as well. And mind you, this incident is only one of the known scams of glenn...

So to everybody, i hope nobody will fall victim to glenn's modus operandi ever again.

**I would like reiterate that this post's purpose is to warn everybody and not serve as some sort of propaganda. thanks for understanding.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Re: A Warning to All... Who is Glennalbert?

Postby Leica » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 am

WHATTTT??? is this a joke? if it is a joke, its a bad joke. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Leica
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:54 am

i wouldn't risk anything of posting such if this were a joke...
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 am

I'm guessing a 10000 views in a week. Very brave in deed
...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:22 am

I heard this from Jourdy a few days ago. Cant say I'm surprised. Even before when glenn and his whole group were causing that fuss with the whole selling of LS and him getting banned, I had a feeling something like this was going to happen.

The sad thing is that this hobby isnt very big here in the Philippines. Were a very small group and because of events like this, it turns so many people off from the hobby.
Last edited by ryanuy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby kenn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 am

o nga pala, napansin ko lang nawala ung posts nya dito,is it in any way related to this issue?

i agree, mejo nakakaturn off kung ganun...we joined different forums to make new friends/get more info n learn more about our beloved hobby....sad to see these unfortunate events happening :(
24x3w china LED (12blue+12white); 40 x 3w DIY LED
overhead chaeto w 1pc 20w white led
DIY cooling fan
jebao wp25 wavemaker
dc 12k return pump
0922-8330615; 0917-5330615
kenn
reefphilippines member

Postby dwarven » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:13 pm

+1 kenn

before jumping into conclusion's i think we should wait for an explanation to the other party. if this allegations was true or not. why????? it is because we do not know the whole story right? and every stories have 2 sides. we should be open in listening/reading this sides. I know some member's here have met both of you and I am sure they have many positive feedback on you both. as a member I just want to hear both sides before jumping into conclusions. wala po ako kinakampihan. hindi ko rin po sinasabi na me nag sisinungaling.. just want to hear both sides. with all respect to you MR seaturtle and glennalbert.

happy reefing to all.
dwarven
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:24 pm

i dont think glenn would be posting anytime soon.. hopefully maayos na yung client niyo.. better if the client can post here..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby dwarven » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I agree +1000 times. i hope the client will post to give light to this issue..
dwarven
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby potring » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:07 pm

well for me maraming tao ang hindi marunong umintindi ng ginagawa natin pre. all we want is to warn them and not to be a victim of this person! it's up to them if they don't want to believe us sooner or later they'll find out the truth, and as always the truth always prevails :D
and for those who are appealing not to judge a person it's easy for you guys to say that, but if those things happened to all of you i don't know what will you do!
Let's hope and pray that you won't be the next victim!

potring
reefphilippines member

Postby concerned » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 pm

in reading this posts lets just be vigilant. who knows if the man beside you is a criminal?? if your friend had bad intentions to you. so we just have to be vigilant. so that no one will fall/feel a victim. if this allegations was true or not we do not know and always remember that all stories had both sides unless you want to just listen to one side then it is your fault. i feel that this guys was friends before. kung mag coconclude man tayo e ano naman magagawa natin?? maayos ba to ng mga conclusions natin??

thought as obet_carlos said..
me too was hopeful that the customer would show up and give light to this. eve though the project has concluded.

anyway anyone has the right to defend them selves.

last post on this topic..
concerned
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:20 pm

@concerned... pardon me if i'll be frank with you but it seems that you are trying so hard at changing the way you speak... you sound very familiar nevertheless. also, your timing is a bit too good to be coincidental. but then again, what i am saying are just based on observations and are probably just a figment of my imagination.
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Its fairly obvious from the way he types and the emoticons he uses that concerned is glenn or his best friend kent. The smileys at the end really give it away in his other post about sellers. I dont think you should beat around the bush and hint at it. Everyone is thinking it already.
Last edited by ryanuy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby dwarven » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm

sana naman e. maayos nato kung pwede pa maayos. idol ko paman din kau dalawa. mapa diy or zoas.
dwarven
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to The Lounge