[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Hello from Seattle, WA

Hello from Seattle, WA

Hello from Seattle, WA

Postby kuya_cesar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 am

Mabuhay!

Long time lurker, ngayon lang nag register. Been in the hobby since 1974. Moved to states in 2000, and went back to reefkeeping in 2002. Miss ko na ang Cartimar.

Hoping I can learn at the same time share a trick or two dito sa forum ninyo...

Thanks.
Kuya_Cesar

75 Gallon Barebottom. Softy & LPS tank. DIY LED x36.
kuya_cesar
reefphilippines member

Re: Hello from Seattle, WA

Postby Vien » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:31 am

Welcome sir!
Vien
reefphilippines member

Hello from Seattle, WA

Postby jemzac » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:39 am

Welcome po... Pero wag nyo na mamiss cartimar maaawa lang po kayo sa mga hayop dun.
Can't stop staring there is always new :D
jemzac
reefphilippines member

Postby khalelzantillan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 am

welcome to Rp!
considering your experience in reefkeeping mukhang mas marame kame matutunan sa yo. :D
KHALEL ZANTILLAN
khalelzantillan
reefphilippines member

Postby Leica » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 am

Mabuhay ka bro!!! :D
Leica
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 am

...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby kuya_cesar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 am

Bakit ganun. Hintay ako nang hintay nang email. Walang dumarating. Baka kako di ako welcome dito since nasa ibang lugar ako.... Im wrong... where do i find that setting?

Thanks to all well wishers... I will try my best to help and learn at the same time. Well before 1974, I have been doing fresh water, and breeding all sorts of live bearers and selling it to different petshops back then... haha elementary palang ako nun, so not that old... then in 1974, tried reef keeping mainly because of GARF. Back then, they are quite popular. Been keeping it hanggang 2000. I have to move to the US. Then I found a local reef club here in Seattle, and decided to start again the hobby. That was in 2002. And been with the reef hobby since then. Btw, REEFFRONTIERS is the name of the website of the club that i go to.

salamat ulit.
Kuya_Cesar

kuya_cesar
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 am

Kuya Cesar ako na mauunang mag request, hope you don't mind posting some pictures of your tank, malamang sa malamang, uulanin kayo ng mga Tanong regarding sa mga LS nyo dyan sa seattle
...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby kuya_cesar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:01 am

Salamat Mr. A.

Here is my tank. Nothing special, mostly regular corals. I run this tank with no effort at it, so the idea is if the coral dies, then its not for me. So that means no SPS, no high end corals that is hard to keep. Simple approach is what I want since I am also very busy with other stuff.

This is my 75 gallon Softy tank. Taken April 2012
Last edited by kuya_cesar on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kuya_Cesar

kuya_cesar
reefphilippines member

Postby kuya_cesar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 am

Very minimal lang.

No skimmer, Two maxijets (w/ mod), and a (10 yrs old) Mag5 return pump.
Barebottom. Vacuum and water change maybe every two months.
Only 3 fishes to keep nutrients down. I also floss, washed every week, with carbon.

Because Im so cheap, mostly DIY. I run my tank minimalistic approach.

Hope this helps.

Here is the previous month. Taken March 2012
Last edited by kuya_cesar on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuya_Cesar

kuya_cesar
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:14 am

@kuya cesar, simple approach nga ho ito but the anemone is special for me, medyo mahal po kasi dito RBTA eh. hope to see more pictures and some info of what you call simple approach tank. may i suggest that you put all pictures and information of your tank in the members tank forum. You might want to put MY SIMPLE TANK APPROACH as the subject of your thread. suggestion lang naman po. most of us in here kasi name with 'S and size of the tank ang subject. mine is Mr. A's 50 gallon DT.
...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:18 am

...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby kuya_cesar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 am

Most of my corals are with me since the beginning. So nag didikit na sila at nag aaway. I need to move the around so they dont touch. My RBTA keeps splitting. And I keep selling them. Umabot na sila sa trenta, and then binenta ko. Nagiwan nang isa. Ngayon last time I count is 13.

The big one in the middle is a Frogspawn. Started 3 heads and now more than a hundred. Used to have a hammer also pero ibinenta ko na kasi super laki na.

Here is the hammer on the right. Taken March 2011
Last edited by kuya_cesar on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuya_Cesar

kuya_cesar
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:24 am

...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby kuya_cesar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 am

Kuya_Cesar

kuya_cesar
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Welcome to ReefPhilippines.com