[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Orange balls anemones

Orange balls anemones

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

Orange balls anemones

Postby MikeH » Wed May 14, 2008 2:34 pm

I dont know the scientific names. Do you know anything about orange ball anemones? Can they get real big?
MikeH
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey Mike,

The name "orange ball anemone" is usually applied to a corallimorph species (Pseudocorynactis caribbeorum) and is a caribbean species although we do have similiar species here and they probably are called the same thing.
Not sure exactly what you have in mind as there are a great many members of the Pseudocorynactis here in the Philippines. But on average they get no bigger than palm sized or smaller although I've seen one species here that had me fooled into thinking it was an anemone species as it was very large.
In other words, it is really hard to answer that question given so many species to choose from.
Do you have one now? or just thinking about getting one? Keep in mind also that some are nocturnal or cryptic while others require light.
Just a few images that I found to try and give you an idea of what I am talking about...lol

http://www.poppe-images.com/images/sear ... %20species

Chuck

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby MikeH » Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Yeah i know some of them are nocturnal. I had one, it was very little, but it always opened up at night. I dont know where it went, its gone. But i find them interesting even if they can eat fish. I dont think ive ever heard of the orange ball anemones being sold. They look nice.
MikeH
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 pm

If you like the corallimorphs, I'll keep my eye open for some of the more unusual ones for you. Just have to wait for this weather to clear and hopefully in time for this weeks gentle tides. Its killing me to be stuck in the house for this long...lol

Chuck

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby MikeH » Mon May 19, 2008 4:57 pm

That would be great. All different kinds. But im moving back to Leyte end of this month, so maybe you wont be able to have some time to collect. Im going to start a 8 gallon tank for corals and stuff.
MikeH
reefphilippines member

Return to Ask Charles