[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - sea cucumbers

sea cucumbers

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

sea cucumbers

Postby TubaLytz77 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:34 pm

good day chuck,

chuck i was planning to put some cucumbers to my system, i think its very good in cleaning sands and detritus...my only problem is that i cant seem to identify what's good for the system and what's not..

so i plan to take pics of all the cucs i find and post it here, if its ok...:D

just arrive from the beach and the wind was unforgiving it gave me no chance what so ever to look for this interesting creatures, but manage to get a hold of one :D

heres what i got :oops:

//matt
TubaLytz77
reefphilippines supporter

Postby charlesr1958 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:12 pm

You got lucky and found a good one, but they are a big species and generaly do well although they have a bad habit of keeping their rear section hidden back in the rocks and then reaching out to the front of the tank and picking up the sand, after a few months of doing that, they end up moving a lot of sand from the front to the back of the tank.

Be real carefull with the species you pick up. A lot of them in the shallows are very toxic. I have a few species that I use listed in that you should be able to find.

Chuck

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby TubaLytz77 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:02 pm

hey chuck have nothing to do at the island :D since its a holy week and i really have to go there and work :D anyway it gave the chance to look for those synaptids but with no success but here are some of the sea cucumbers i found :D
some nudibrach i found it was wierd i think there mating 5 of them was all over this one nudibrach :?:

//matt
TubaLytz77
reefphilippines supporter

Postby charlesr1958 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 am

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Return to Ask Charles