[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Sump Design

Sump Design

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

Sump Design

Postby nightmode » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:17 am

Sir chuck I would like to design a sump that would incorporate what you have mentioned in the other threads in the past few days.

The plan is to make the display tank(softy tank) BB. My rock formation would be made of a similar small sized LR to make more hidding places for fish and easier placement of frags. Just in case the this would not work in the future coz of nitrates build up I'll just add sand later on.

With the above plan I'm in the search of a sump that would help me go without a skimmer. Please see below pic of the sump I have in mind.

The water feed would be from the left and is thru a trickel system to ensure that water is evenly distributed on the tank surface. This tank (LR only) would not be lit to promote/simulate a cryptic zone(I'm not sure if this would work). Would hair algae grow in this tank given that I would no place any light on top?

Water would overflow to the next tank. The first chamber would be filled with either LR or LS. the second chamber would be the fuge area and have the cooling and light system that you mentioned in the other thread.

The glass that would be used for the "raceway" would be supported by 1/2" pvc frame. How much flow do we need for the Power head to force that "new water" to the left area of the fuge?
nightmode
reefphilippines member

Re: Sump Design

Postby charlesr1958 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:49 am

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby nightmode » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:50 am

thank you sir for the comments and suggestion I would revise the design and make the actual dimension just to make see what I could really have below the display tank.

I would post the new design soon...Happy New Year
nightmode
reefphilippines member

Postby TubaLytz77 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:27 pm

hey chuck,

would like to ask you if which is much better, to have a dsb tank and have a different refugium tank for sea grasses? or dsb and just plant the sea grasses in it?

best regards
//matt
TubaLytz77
reefphilippines supporter

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:02 am

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Return to Ask Charles