[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Pod Fuge

Pod Fuge

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

Pod Fuge

Postby justplainfishy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Hi Chuck,

Big question, I'm thinking of setting up a pod fuge but have no idea how to start, would like to ask for your advise on this. Pictures would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks in advance bud!
justplainfishy
reefphilippines supporter

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 am

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:38 am

sir chuck i was planning to add a fuge also.. this is my plan:
the small aquarium would be the fuge.. what would a refugium primarily need? :D can i also make it as a place where i can grow frags? :D
here is my current tank now:
Last edited by obet_carlos on Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
obet_carlos

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:59 am

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 am

thanks sir chuck for the input.. :D
the water level of the fuge will be around 6-10" higher than the main tank..
i read somewhere that it is better that the pods do not go through any pump from the fuge to the main tank..?? :D
atleast how big should a refugium be?
can use the refugium to grow some frags of soft corals?

thanks sir chuck for the compliment.. :D :D :D
obet_carlos

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:41 pm

Sure, you can use a refuge for any purpose that you like. Size? again, that would depend on your needs, there is no limit as to how large or small a refuge or sump can be.

Chuck
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:15 pm

last na sir chuck.. can i place a pair of sea horse? :D
obet_carlos

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:28 pm

Sure, just ensure the water flow is gentle and they have something to hang onto. I have never kept sea horses but have an understanding of what they need. However, I would suggest you check with seahorse.org as there is a great deal of information there.

Chuck
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby crazyfrog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:06 pm

crazyfrog
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:18 pm

This is what my refuge looked like a few months after I built it. Although now it houses macro algae and my anemone and clownfish.

As per flow rate, that would depend upon how the refuge is tied into your main tank. My refuge is in a direct line from the main tank and empties into the sump, so its flow is dictated by my sump's pump going into the main tank. For a slower flow, you would have to place the refuge above the main tank and have a seperate pump and overflow to be able to control the flow rate. Of course, any flow rates would depend upon the size of the refuge, but will say there is nothing wrong with a good flow going through it. A slow flow would most likely cause stagnant areas which just allows detritus and cyanobacterias to collect/form.

I have some very good links to articles on as well.

Chuck
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

nice

Postby rav888 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Very nice sir chuck :) :) :)
============================

Rav888
rav888

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:54 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby randell » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:58 pm

80 gallon Rimless Elos Tank
Reef Maniac Beckette Skimmer
Eheim Return Pump
Marine Hub Lumenarc/Alanod Refloctors
250w Metal Hallide Lamps
Teco Chiller
SPS, LPS, etc.

http://randelltiongson.com/
Marine Hub @ Animal Depot (Metrowalk)
Follower of Jesus Christ
Honor God, Make Disciples
randell

Postby southeastasiareef » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Chuck,

1. How do you grow pods? Will macroalgae, lights, live rock contribute to pods? I mean where do i get pod "starter"?

2. I would also like to put a couple of seahorses if ever i will build a separate refugium for pods but will 1 or 2 seahorses consumes all the pods?
southeastasiareef
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:09 am

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Ask Charles