[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Majano anemones???

Majano anemones???

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

Majano anemones???

Postby diego » Mon May 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi charles.. Are these majano anemones? Got a lot of colonies from a fisherman and was wondering if I should remove them.. I have a FOWLR tank and these dont seem to give me any problems..

diego
reefphilippines member

Re: Majano anemones???

Postby kyanjesse » Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 pm

helo sir diego!
di ako si sir charles but i know those are majano anemones. i love those cuties! i enjoy feeding them, and i like their color. sa mga western forums they all say its a pest cause they multiply fast and can sting. but i never had any problem with them. they all died when i started dosing "purple up". poor little thingies....:(

btw, that's a very nice colony you got there! dito sa thailand i once spotted a shop selling live rocks covered with it and caulerpa. very nice combo indeed.
kyanjesse
reefphilippines member

Postby diego » Tue May 18, 2010 11:26 am

@kyanjesse:

Thanks so much for the info! I really think they dont give out any sting since i have a couple of huge anemones who tend to settle over these majanos and turn out to be fine.
diego
reefphilippines member

Postby doctorhannibal » Wed May 19, 2010 4:39 pm

sorry for the hi-jack. IMO. You can keep those if you don't have plan to put corals in your tank. They are pests to coral keepers because they sting corals to death. Like other anemones, they are mobile and can crawl anywhere they want.
LET HE WHO HAS MADE NO MISTAKES CAST THE FIRST LIVE ROCK! - Holy Book of Reefkeeping, Newbies Testament.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no-one thinks of changing himself" -Leo Tolstoy
doctorhannibal
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes, I agree that they are most likely a "majano", not a problem if you don't mind their fast rate of growth.

Charles

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby diego » Thu May 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Okay thanks so much for the help. But are they reef safe? Im sure i will eventually be going for a reef tank soon..
diego
reefphilippines member

Return to Ask Charles