[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - abnormal action of my tangs recently

abnormal action of my tangs recently

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

abnormal action of my tangs recently

Postby GrAhF11 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm

hi charles. im not sure if this is a problem. my tangs have been with me for atleast 8 months already. they dont have any disease or anything. all are fat and eating well. but recently, i see them go up the water and get air. i have several other fishes like percula firefishes wrasses etc but they dont do that. this was just recently. i dont think my waterflow is a factor because all parts of my tank got flow and this is just for my tangs only. does it have to do with my ph being low or something else? it is just strange for them to do that but other than that, they look normal.
helping fellow hobbyist with their fishy needs.

60 gallons rimless cube 2x2x2 with approximately 25 gallon sump mixed reef
phosguard and seagel for phosphate control
RO dnw150 skimmer
rio hf 12 return pump
cheato
GrAhF11
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm

post water parameters to help!

You might have low oxygenation because of lack of skimmer

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Check your ammonia level also, ammonia, even in very tiny amounts is very damaging to the gills of fish which might cause them to gasp air. Low pH could also be a factor as acids have the same damaging effects on their gills. As a precaution, try to increase the airation of the water with either an air pump/air stone or add an airline to the intake of a powerhead.

Charles

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby GrAhF11 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 pm

yeah probably because of low ph and high acidity of my water. i have been using distilled water for top off eversince. i heard that distilled water is more on the acidic side. i should use baking soda for this?

RO dnw150 skimmer
rio hf 12 return pump
cheato
GrAhF11
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Need to check your alkalinity first, what is it?

Charles

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby GrAhF11 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:44 pm

i just found out using api dkh testkit that my dkh is 6. it may be because of my nsw. checked the new nsw and it read 7. i also use distilled water for my top off which is i believe is also low in ph and dkh. i have yet to test my ph i still dont have the paper. but a friend told me its only 7.2-7.4. how do i correct this problem? thanks

RO dnw150 skimmer
rio hf 12 return pump
cheato
GrAhF11
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby naivete » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 pm

naivete
reefphilippines member

Postby GrAhF11 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:25 am

RO dnw150 skimmer
rio hf 12 return pump
cheato
GrAhF11
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:21 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Return to Ask Charles