[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - HOB filter suggestion

HOB filter suggestion

A forum for discussions about lighting, protein skimming, calcium reactors, filtration and other equipment.

HOB filter suggestion

Postby mamonluk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:09 pm

After hijacking a thread in General Discussion I thought it wise to post an inquiry here regarding HOB filters.

I bought a resun nutriflo with the 2 compartments (7 watts) in hope that I could place two (2) kinds of media. My problem started after a few days when I noticed that there were water splatters all over the place, annonying bubbles in the tank and a puddle on the floor. The incessant humming of the thing is also driving me nuts.

After tryiing a few mods and quick cures I am done with the thing (anyone wants it just pm me and I will give it for a bargain.) Please suggest a good HOB that will not hypnotize me with its droning sound or destroy my walls and flood my living room.
mamonluk
reefphilippines member

Re: HOB filter suggestion

Postby kalzwin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:42 am

Ano po bang klase ng tank ang gamit niyo? Normally, kapag rimless ang tank sakto lang yung bagsak ng tubig sa surface, unlike kapag yung "hi-strip" masyado mataas ang bagsak kahit anong mod gawin nai-splash talaga. Kung hi-strip nga tank mo, pwede mo tanggalin yun strip ng glass kung saan nakapwesto yung filter para sa mismong brace lang siya nakapatong. Regarding naman sa kung anong HOB filter ang maganda, mukhang okay yung Jebo 508, malaki siya pwede lagyan ng media at chaeto.
Last edited by kalzwin on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalzwin
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:04 am

good job on openning another thread.. i second what kalzwin said.. I have used numerous OHF and the output of the drain should not be above the water level.. there is no problem when you have a rimless tank, however when your tank has a high strip, the output could be higher than the water level thus the splashes resulting to microbubbles and saltcreeps.. post a pic of your set-up here.. maybe you do not need to buy a new OHF..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:14 am

If you want to change, I saw before in pet city, HOB filter.. Up aqua external filter ata.. pwedeng rainbar yung output niya.. kaso canister filter siya.. unlike HOB na pwede mo lang alisin yung takip, magagalaw mo na yung filter sa loob..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby mamonluk » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:54 am

Thanks you so much for the replies and suggestions.

As much as I don't want to waste resources, Im done with my resun HOB.

I have a rimless tank and the problem with the resun is that the bottom of the drain is only about 1.5 inches (at the most) from the body of the filter. I'm not comfortable increasing the water level at that height, and add the fact that it gives off this annoying sound.

I guess I will be marching off to pet city and checkout their goodies. Is the jebao HOB silent?
mamonluk
reefphilippines member

Postby kalzwin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:03 am

Here's a video of Jebo 508 in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IshANZC91rQ
kalzwin
reefphilippines member

Postby mamonluk » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:35 pm

mamonluk
reefphilippines member

Postby kalzwin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 am

Sa Carti meron Jebo HOBs hindi nga lang ako sure kung meron niyang model na yan.
kalzwin
reefphilippines member

Postby Red_D » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:54 am

meron ba sa carti na aqua clear 110? currently using EHEIM, plano ko magpalit at i-mod para malagyan ko ng cheato. mas malaki kasi sya kaya mas ok kaso ok lang ba sya para sa 15g tank o masyado sya malakas?
Total Newbie
15g tank, Eheim HOB filter, Aqua Syncro HWM2000 wave maker, China made LED lights
Red_D
reefphilippines member

Return to Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment