15 gal for softies? am i worthy?

A forum for people who are obsessed with keeping Soft corals.

15 gal for softies? am i worthy?

Postby jogy » Wed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm

sirs, gurus, masters, i got hooked with this hobby last april, it makes me monogamous with my relationship (he he) and im really enjoying it, its a bit expensive thou :D
i have a 15 gal FOWLR, backpack and a airdriven skimmer( tama po ba?, the 1 with a pump and wooden airstone) i have 1 t5 24w superactinic, and 1 t8 18w phillips daylight
so far its doing well, the parameters are at normal range, ammonia is at 0ppm 2., i use NSW from marinaqauaria( in metrowalk) and i do 1-2 (6000l) water change in a week. mga sir i hope you have the patience for me, these are my questions:
1. size wise, i know this is nonmodifiable in my case, can this be enuf for softies?
2. skimmer wise - will this do? if not can you recommend 1 for a 15gal tank, queenturbo or weipro pd na b?
3. mga sirs, wala po bang photosynthetic properties ang superactinic?, i both the ballast sa marine hub, HO na po ba ito? the sales person there is accomodating but i guess some of the questions ay di nya masagot.
4. i plan to change the lights 1midday+1superblue ok na ba yun?
5. what softies can i placed here, tapos na ang summer my temp is in the 30s, sir kindly placed the common name tnx
hopping for your quick response... godbless
jogy
reefphilippines member

Return to Soft Coral Keepers