[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Jaubert System

Jaubert System

This forum is intended for the discussion of ‘Advanced Topics’. Under this broad heading we hope to act as a resource and share information about difficult to keep animals and advances in technology, ideas, or reef keeping methodologies.

Jaubert System

Postby syokoy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:31 am

syokoy
reefphilippines member

Postby Menthol » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:21 am

I am not familar with the whole "Jaubert" thing but i know the idea behind the plenum system. i've seen one setup like that in a 2000Gal tank.

I'm thinking, using crushed corals could defeat the purpose of having a "VOID" place for bacteria, so you might wanna check into that.

Obviously, without proper maintenance for quite sometime, would result in too much nutrient (NO3 & PO4) build-up, thus ALGAE. I hope that you just siphoned the surface of the sand and not "VACUUM" the sand, as vacuuming MIGHT reset your VOID inside the plenum, releasing toxic substances/gases into the water column. I also hope you changed a considerable amount of water, slow and gradual.

Your clown could have had marine velvet, or brookynella, or oodinium, or cryptocaryon. i'm just guessing here, but all those have the symptoms you are describing. Meth blue in QT for a week or two worked wonders for me againts those diseases.

to finish...

Maybe it's time to teach your kid how to handle a bucket, for water changes when you are away, hehe.

Please provide us with water test results for us to help you better. if you do not own one or could not borrow one.... help yourself by getting a hold of test kits. Test kits are a matter of life, death and algae, i always say. Test kits for NH3/NH4, NO2, NO3, PO4, KH, PH, CA, Mg.

Please provide us with some more details of your setup. Pictures would be AWESOME!

Invest on a good lighting system since you are keeping photosynthetic sessile invertebrates as well, they will thank you for it.

Good luck and happy reefing man!
Menthol
reefphilippines member

Postby syokoy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:47 am

Thank you sir for the advice. Medyo mahal kasi ang test kits pero baka makabili na ko ngayong bonus..he..he..he..
Yung lighting, may recommended na product ka ba sir.
BTW, I'm planning to have a new tank somewhere between 100 - 150G siguro...with sump...Should I just use the Jaubert on the sump? or the main tank?
I recently bought a Mag 7 pump and SCWD to make a closed loop system for this new project.
syokoy
reefphilippines member

Postby D`Saint » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 am

"An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth Pound of Cure"

65G (36L X 18W X 24H)
35G Sump
7x T5 Aquaria Tech Lighting
2x Sun Sun Wavemaker
Mod TS2000
SeaQuest 2200
Rio 2500
4"DSB
D`Saint
reefphilippines member

Postby syokoy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:13 am

syokoy
reefphilippines member

TUKAYO

Postby SHOKOY » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:00 pm

SHOKOY
reefphilippines member

Postby CleveYank » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Experience in Hobby...20 years and marching onward.
100 plus SPS are a major facet of my focus presently.
CleveYank
reefphilippines member

Postby D`Saint » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 am

65G (36L X 18W X 24H)
35G Sump
2x Sun Sun Wavemaker
Mod TS2000
SeaQuest 2200
Rio 2500
4"DSB
D`Saint
reefphilippines member

Postby CleveYank » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:53 am

Experience in Hobby...20 years and marching onward.
100 plus SPS are a major facet of my focus presently.
CleveYank
reefphilippines member

Postby D`Saint » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 am

65G (36L X 18W X 24H)
35G Sump
2x Sun Sun Wavemaker
Mod TS2000
SeaQuest 2200
Rio 2500
4"DSB