[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - RED SEA SALT

RED SEA SALT

This forum is intended for the discussion of ‘Advanced Topics’. Under this broad heading we hope to act as a resource and share information about difficult to keep animals and advances in technology, ideas, or reef keeping methodologies.

RED SEA SALT

Postby bangurdead27 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:06 am

anyone using this kind of salt? whats your review and personal experience in this salt
bangurdead27
reefphilippines member

Re: RED SEA SALT

Postby thurrmac » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:57 am

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 am

I've used red sea coral pro since I started the hobby and I was very satisfied(used it for around 6 months), but then, I didn't have enough experience with other reef salts to be in a position to have an objective comparison. Then a few months back, red sea coral pro became unavailable because the company reformulated their salt, so I was forced to try salts like Teco reef and Oceanpure. They were "okay" replacements but I always felt like there was something missing and I always had problems with them not fully dissolving and the tank clouding up right after a WC.

When the new Red sea coral pro salt came out (black bucket), I decided to try it out, and I've never been happier with a reef salt's performance.First of all, it dissolves instantly and leaves no residue, but the best part is, my corals seem to be more colorful, my zoas have bigger polyps, and even my crocea clam opens up more. Alll in all, I give it a 9/10 (I'd give it a perfect 10 but there wouldn't be any room for improvement).

I think the problem that some people had with it has something to do with the sudden shifting of salt mixes, there are very minute differences in the trace elements contained within each type of salt mix, and the abrupt change in these levels may cause some LS to react negatively. I've always found that the best way to change salt mixes would be to slowly introduce the new salt over a few weeks and a series of water changes(e.g.75% old salt mix+25% new salt mix for the 1st water change, 50%old +50% new for the next wc, 75%new +25% old for the 3rd, and so on...)

P.S. This is purely based on my experience and I've never done any type of experiment to really compare all the mentioned salt mixes. HTH :D

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby bangurdead27 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 am

bangurdead27
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 am

a reefers review lang naman yun post ko... meaning hindi lahat ng experience magiging pareho din... like roland posted ok naman daw yun red sea...
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby Leica » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Thumbs UP! ako dyan sa RED SEA SALT. Galing ka naman sa bahay diba banguardead?! nakita mo naman mga corals ko. Ikaw na mag decide what you've seen sa DT ko.
Leica
reefphilippines member

Postby potring » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 am

bro IMO red sea coral pro black purple bucket is a good saltmix like bro rolandgelo said same here with my experience and been using it for about 8 mos now nakita mo naman tank ko and my LS's ? so you decide on your own sa nakita mong evidences r.e red sea :lol: :lol:
potring
reefphilippines member

Postby choypogi07 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 pm

for here in ME, most of us reefers here use that, specifically red sea pro coral salt.. most of us shifted from IO/RC to RS.. at tama si sir roland, when shifting to a new saltmix, it's much better to slowly do WC with a little mix of the old mix..
corals die faster than fish when even one of your parameters is off the charts..
choypogi07
reefphilippines member

Postby bangurdead27 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:42 pm

bangurdead27
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:58 am

Saan ba merong red sea salt? Magkano ba to? Better than reef crystals?
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Monching » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 am

I buy mine at DLBD. 180/kilo. Guys pag bumibili/nagpapakilo kayo, bantayan niyo yung pagsukat nila sa weighing scale. :) Just to be sure :D
" THRIVE."
Monching
reefphilippines member

Postby bangurdead27 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 am

bangurdead27
reefphilippines member

Postby Monching » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:40 pm

P2.2k yung isang bucket e. ayoko ng biglaan. masakit sa bulsa :D isang hamak na estudyante lang ako :)
" THRIVE."
Monching
reefphilippines member

Postby potring » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:20 pm

potring
reefphilippines member

Postby waterlou » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Try contacting Ritchie (FEV MArine)
34L AquaStyle 380
Skimmerless