[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - VODKA dosing

VODKA dosing

This forum is intended for the discussion of ‘Advanced Topics’. Under this broad heading we hope to act as a resource and share information about difficult to keep animals and advances in technology, ideas, or reef keeping methodologies.

Re: VODKA dosing

Postby yoki » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:58 pm

200 gal
Ai sol blue
nbw 200 skimmer
Biopellet
phos reactor,rowaphos media
denitrator diy
Mp40esw
diy vodka, gkucose, cal, mag, stront, alk,k+, iron, iodine
hailea chiller
32hf return pump
LS sps and lps
yoki
reefphilippines member

Postby Devicore16 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 pm

very nice. Thank you brudah!
i love Salt!
Devicore16
reefphilippines member

Postby robertjamesgallardo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:44 am

question guys... i went to an lfs near del monte, sfdm (will not name the store...:p) that vodka dosing can cause multiple headaches where their tank gets crashed overtime... i this true?... or the lfs just wants to sell me his stuff (nitrate absorber w/c is too costly!!!) ??? :evil:

am on my third day of dosing 0.2mL/50gal(net)... my nitrate was 80, now turned 40+
am dosing natural trace elements (from API) weekly... will the vodka react with this?
???
any inputs will be appreciated...
15g DT
Skimmer
1 Fixture AquaOne Led with moonlight
Started 7 Jan 2011, cycle ended 29 Jan 2011
mixed reef nano tank
robertjamesgallardo
reefphilippines member

Postby robertjamesgallardo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:05 am

15g DT
Skimmer
mixed reef nano tank
robertjamesgallardo
reefphilippines member

Postby yoki » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:42 pm

200 gal
Ai sol blue
nbw 200 skimmer
Biopellet
denitrator diy
Mp40esw
hailea chiller
32hf return pump
LS sps and lps
yoki
reefphilippines member

Postby jup » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:07 pm

repost ko lang ung link ni boss choipogi

48X20x24
1 fan
Hydra52
biopellets
jup
reefphilippines member

Postby danyan888 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:55 am

Is it ok to dose vodka if you have ATS and chaeto in your setup? Any detrimental effect on them? TIA
danyan888
reefphilippines member

Postby yoki » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 am

200 gal
Ai sol blue
nbw 200 skimmer
Biopellet
denitrator diy
Mp40esw
hailea chiller
32hf return pump
LS sps and lps
yoki
reefphilippines member

Postby danyan888 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I've been running my ATS for almost two years now. It's effect is only minimal. Tried cheato before and failed. I gave chaeto another try two weeks ago in a different environment and so far its growing like crazy. I will have to observe it for a few more weeks to see its effect on my NP. I guess I will have to shelve my idea of vodka dosing for a while. Thanks for the advise.
danyan888
reefphilippines member

Postby robertjamesgallardo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:34 pm

hi guys... after a week of dosing... nitrate still at 80ppm. :(
day 1 to 3 = 0.2mL
day 4 to 7 = 0.4mL
...for my 55 gal tank
but i'm seeing a lot of skimmate lately... and very fowl!!!
15g DT
Skimmer
mixed reef nano tank
robertjamesgallardo
reefphilippines member

Postby jup » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:19 am

the method of dosing vodka posted at rc is a conservative one... minute additions of vodka until you reach the right amount would really take longer so that you won't overdose. However, if you will take into consideration the experience of those using vodka, you can somehow accelerate this process. for example, the setup of sir yoki. first, for his heavily stocked 200gal set-up, he is dosing 10ml of vodka and a tablespoon of glucose (sugar i assume) daily. second, how much does he feed his ls. if you have the same manner of feeding, and your ls is half as his, then maybe a 5ml dose is fine. however, this approach is way risky... but at least you now have an educated guess, hehehe, of how much may really be needed.
48X20x24
1 fan
Hydra52
biopellets
jup
reefphilippines member

Postby yoki » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 pm

200 gal
Ai sol blue
nbw 200 skimmer
Biopellet
denitrator diy
Mp40esw
hailea chiller
32hf return pump
LS sps and lps
yoki
reefphilippines member

Postby yoki » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:38 pm

200 gal
Ai sol blue
nbw 200 skimmer
Biopellet
denitrator diy
Mp40esw
hailea chiller
32hf return pump
LS sps and lps
yoki
reefphilippines member

Postby robertjamesgallardo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:16 pm

my nitrate is 20 nalang (from 80ppm). hehehehe... am dosing 1.4 mL Vodka one in the morning and one at night. i dose it directly to the inlet of the air tubing in my skimmer. hehehe, phosphate was 10, now at 3.5. ang hirap lang ma determine sa API test kit ng color. maybe my tank is the cheapest, though malaki na din nagastos ko kaka- trial and error. hehehe. biomix lang ako, additional lang sa mga kulang. hehehehe. and everything okay na. ehehehehe. tap water ang top off ko, treated with 24 hours of aeration, and 24 hours of treatment with sera aquatan (or anything similar to the brand), i'm just having many diatoms but it's not harming my corals due to my ats (i think). and weekly water change of NSW for supplementing trace elements (aside from API's trace). so far, LS are getting better. :lol: :wink:
15g DT
Skimmer
mixed reef nano tank
robertjamesgallardo
reefphilippines member

Postby jazz0821 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Ask lang po kung pwede nadin un THE BAR silver gamitin pang dose? :)
cheers! :)
jazz0821
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Advance discussions