[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Coraline Algae

Coraline Algae

A forum to discuss the requirements and care of macroalgaes

Coraline Algae

Postby Beautemp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Beautemp
reefphilippines member

Postby kuza » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 pm

kuza
reefphilippines member

Postby Beautemp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Thank you both!
Beautemp
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby Menthol » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Menthol
reefphilippines member

Postby Beautemp » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 am

Beautemp
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 am

khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby Menthol » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:28 pm

@Beautemp - yes you need to have a SEED, but it is almost impossible not to have any if you are going to use live rocks or plan to stock your tank with stony corals. what works best for me was to "toothbrush" the coralline crust that you already have in your tank or crush a loose scale of it with your fingers. The idea is to spread as much spores in the water column so it can seed itself in other areas of your tank. 6500K spectrum makes coralline grow crazy in my experience.

@khuran - ZERO PO4 and no less than 7.5 PH.
Menthol
reefphilippines member

Postby Flexi2009 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:12 am

coraline is the light pink colored thingies?

the only place i see them that grew naturally inside the tank is in my wavemaker :roll:
Flexi2009
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 am

khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby Menthol » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 am

Sorry but i made a mistake on my post saying 6500K, what i meant was 7200K or actinic lighting, hehe.

You might be right Jourdy, i was just talking through experience that coralline does not prosper even with low levels of PO4, i mean, they are THERE but not growing a whole lot even if there is minimal nuissance algae growth.

My coralline growth has red, purple and a bit of white. No green that i can notice though.the only thing that i dont like that much is that it grows on my sand as well. coralline grows under overhangs and caves in my rockwork too, and that recieves little to no light.

Oh and corals do LOVE coralline to grow out and crawl onto....
Menthol
reefphilippines member

Postby Beautemp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Beautemp
reefphilippines member

Postby Beautemp » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:44 am

Beautemp
reefphilippines member

Return to Macroalgae Forum