[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - My 67 Gallon tank

My 67 Gallon tank

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

My 67 Gallon tank

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:12 pm

So my addiction started way back several years ago, having a 25 gallon all in reef tank bought from cartimar (yung mga aqua one yung tank na display), which, just resulted into spending more and more, dying fishes, corals, until the tank is stable enough, that was my first but most important lesson, no impulse buying, and never buy a ready made setup with 10 free unknown fishes tank in cartimar :cry:

so my 2, 3 years old false percs and yellow goby will finally have a new home, and a large one too.

gathering what I learned from the hobby and this forum, with the help of some members here, special mention kay richardhao, thanks bro sa mga frags and freebies hehehehehe.

so, the tank would be 36 inches in length, 24 inches in width, and 18 inch height, which is roughly 67 gallons, plus a 30 inch by 15 inch by 15 inch 29 gallon sump.

this thread, if anyone would follow would be so slow because of my experience on my previous tank :lol:

so here's my design of the main tank

Overflow, composed of two 3/4" return pipe and 1.5" Drain:

The sump:

Went to cartimar earlier and purchased a return pump, and a skimmer from marine quest.

The return pump:

The skimmer I bought from marine quest is new, i'm not familiar with this brand, so I'll probably have a review for this skimmer, comes with a dymax 2500 pump (2500 l/hr)

so the tank is still in the design phase, equipments bought first.

and for a tank this large, nothing beats mang ramon... 8)

to be continued....
Last edited by DARKSTAR22 on Wed May 15, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, Give him power."
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Re: My 67 Gallon tank

Postby aquariumsforever » Wed May 15, 2013 7:31 pm

YEsssss.
Following :D

Any plans Ls wise? LED FTW na yan :lol:
"I won't be a rockstar. I will be a legend." - Freddie Mercury
aquariumsforever
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Plans would be my existing Livestock, so I have 1 yellow goby, 2 false percs, and there's 2 dominoe damsels, true perc, these 3, came from fishermen at calatagan batangas, my uncle bought them, for only 10 pesos each, or was it 5...can't remember.

Yes LEDs, i'm considering LEDs, 3 watts star LEDs specifically, my present tank, is lit by 2 x 10 watt LEDs (1 10,000K and 1 20,000K), i'll probably go on the DIY route again for this tank :D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, Give him power."
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby aquariumsforever » Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Nice. Truly, Many has been bitten with the upgrade bug!

Anyway, Coralwise po?

OT. Meron pong binebenta na LED si sir Thurmac. Mas tipid yun, 60 Watts na, Pwede na yan plus yung current mong leds. alam ko 3k lang
"I won't be a rockstar. I will be a legend." - Freddie Mercury
aquariumsforever
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Coralwise, I have a couple of purple ricordeas from richardhao, orange ricordea, a rock with a colony of zoas, a feather duster, and some sort of a palythoa, actinos from my present tank and I'm planning to move them to the 67 gallon, after cycling of course, planning to do a 3 to 6 months cycle for this tank, gusto ko kasi yung isang tank na nakita ko nung nagsacycle pa lang, kala mo nadamay sa chernobyl disaster kasi dami algae, gusto ko ganun outcome :lol:

Other corals i've been planning would be, yung candy cane, plate coral, brain coral, more zoas, and maybe a frogspawn or a bubble coral...

If my lights and minerals would be sufficient to sustain SPS I'm going for acros, or maybe a piece of a slightly easy SPS.

60 watts, fixture na siya? matignan din, I hope it's still available next month because that's when I'm going to pay a visit to mang ramon haha
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby calvin_91993 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Nice design bro! Have me subscribed as well. :D

@aquariumsforever, I would recommend thurrmac's led as well if modified with optics. Without lenses those would be intense enough only in shallow tanks.
calvin_91993
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:26 pm

I saw thurmac's ad, unfortunately that's only for a 30 gallon tank based on the post, if only he was selling two units hahaha
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby choypogi07 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello.. Nice design.. But you may want to check the distance of your holes to the edge of the glass since it may decrease glass sturdiness, plus check the allowance of the bulkhead rubber when you put them in..
corals die faster than fish when even one of your parameters is off the charts..
choypogi07
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks, Noted, any recommended distances from the center of the hole to the glass??
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby creamoh » Tue May 21, 2013 10:14 pm

bro ask ko lang how much inabot ng magandang tank mo? :) pa pm naman sakin ng price baka magaya nga someday :D
creamoh
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm

@darkstar nice layout. BTW ano ang glass thickness ng bottom panel? Kung 1/2" thick yan, walang magiging problema. Pero kung mas manipis, pa-reinforce mo pa ng isang sheet pa ng glass yung mismong overflow para hindi humina. Kung kay Mang Ramon ka magpapagawa, alam na niya magiging diskarte ng mga distances ng butas sa edge at sa bawat isa.
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Wed May 22, 2013 4:57 pm

subcribed.. :D
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 pm

-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm

So an update, but this update is focused on the skimmer, the Dymax skimmer....

I have no idea this skimmer is not good at what it does, it just so happen that we have an RP member that has one, and his experience with it is not good, he even broke it on purpose because of frustration :lol:

and so Richardhao referred me to our fellow RP, ice voyager (Salamat bro sa lahat tulong sa pagmod sa skimmer ko), he knows ALOT about skimmers and how they work and helped me mod my dymax skimmer..

So, the skimmer came with a dymax PH2500 lr/hr pump which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to powerful for my skimmer, and it's not even pinwheel, voyager recommended a mod of the intake of the pump, making it a venturi, and the impeller a pinwheel impeller, and the skimmer with a DIY bubble plate, I have to take off the neck so I can fit my hands for the modifications, and I have to thin out the inner diameter of the PVC pipe for it to fit the pipe/slot that is in the skimmer's body

Here's the pump

and here's the skimmer

PVC that I bought

and the mod finished

-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 pm

nice! yung wheel ng pump ng dymax pwede mo i-mod yan para maging mas efficient. parang ganito:

or ganito:

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Member Tanks