[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - redbaron's 100 gal tank

redbaron's 100 gal tank

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

redbaron's 100 gal tank

Postby redbaron81 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm

ventured into the hobby early this year as a way of bonding with my nieces. initial foray was a 10 gal custom cube, simple no frills setup. I am currently taking care of a pair of ocellaris clowns, inverts and a few corals (mostly lps and softies). got bitten by the upgrade bug a few weeks ago hence the new tank. anyway pics below of my humble setup, suggestions welcomed:

tank with stand, that's my old nano cube on the left by the way. the led fixture will also be utilized for the new tank.

sump pics; was thinking of going the ats route, to be decided soon

aquascape; will have to add a bit of height to the left island for better propotion.

cycling day 1: it's finally wet

thanks for viewing.
Last edited by redbaron81 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

Re: redbaron's cube

Postby redbaron81 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Appreciate any suggestions from the experts in securing my flex tubes to the bulkheads. I was told that normally flexible tubes do not need any additional supports when connected to a hose barb fitting. Unfortunately got home from lunch today to find the living room flooded :cry: . One of the flexible tubes connected to the return pump got loose and the pump sprayed sea water all over the floor. Right now i am using cable ties as an added security measure but i'm looking for a more permanent solution. Do you guys think i can use silicone or epoxy to permanently bond the hose to the fitting?Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

2 1" drain lines

1 3/4" return line
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

Postby sandztorm » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:49 pm

You've got a nice clean setup bro! Mukhang well thought-out and planned ang design. :)

With regards to your problem, suggestion ko stainless hose clamp from any auto supply pwede na since di naman submerged yan sa tubig. Wait din natin suggestions ng mga experts hehe. :wink:
sandztorm
reefphilippines member

Postby bangurdead27 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 pm

ganda rockscape bro ano pinang dikit m hehe
bangurdead27
reefphilippines member

Postby RonSax » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Ganda rockscape! Paano mo ginawa bro?
Music is my PASSION
My Girlfriend is my OBSESSION and
Reefing is my ADDICTION
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RonSax
reefphilippines member

Postby Monching » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 pm

ayos ito ah! kaabang-abang! :lol:
" THRIVE."
Monching
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am

Well thought out! :) ganda nito kapag nabuo.

I don't think silicone will work for your problem, maybe you can try sandzstorm's suggestion but do check the clamp from time to time for signs of corrosion.

Hindi na ba maisasagad yung pagka-kabit ng hose dun sa fittings?
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby redbaron81 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 am

@sandztorm

thanks bro for the kind words. i was also thinking of the hose clamp but was initially apprehensive because of corrosion. but you got a point that hindi naman siya always submerged. I'll give it a try. thanks.

@bangurdead27
thanks gelo. sayo galing lahat ng bato na yan. i used DD aquaclay and pioneer aqua epoxy together with some cable ties to secure the rockwork. kelangan ko pa konti flat rocks, yung parang plato mga 2, tabi mo naman ako kapag may makuha ka. daanan ko next year.

@Ronsax
Thanks bro. DD aquaclay (from aquariatech) and pioneer aqua epoxy (tip din ni aquariatech) lang yan bro. initially i'll use cable ties and some rocks to support the cantilevers while i wait for the epoxy to set. after 24 hours the epoxy is very hard and the rock work becomes very stable that it supports the ledges on its own. DD (yun yung pink na color if you notice sa bato) is actually a good product kasi mas madikit siya sa simula but medyo mahal, kaya supplemented it with aqua epoxy.

@Monching
Thanks bro. Good luck also with your tank build. Stocking na yan.

@ seth
Thanks bro. i will try bro sandztorm's suggestion, and you're right to suggest checking the fitting regularly. hindi ko na masagad yung sa drain maski ano pilit ko. naka"bite" naman sila sa last barb kaya baka ok na sila for the meantime. yung cable ties actually medyo naka pinch sa gap ng barbs so palagay ko kahit paano may support sila. i will still use the cable tie for the connection to the pump (this was the one that popped out) since this is always submerged and hose clamp for the others. thanks sa suggestion.
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

redbaron's cube

Postby jemzac » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Ako din nagandahan sa rockscape mo, ang gagaling talaga ng lalake sa ganito.. Asan ba asawa ko nung kailangan ko sya haha???? :D
Can't stop staring there is always new :D
jemzac
reefphilippines member

Postby redbaron81 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:16 am

Thanks sis. Trial and error lang...tapos silip silip sa gawa ng mga masters. :wink:
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

redbaron's cube

Postby jemzac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 am

Cut mo na lang din yung mga excess na string para mas malinis ang dating tutal di mo narin naman ma-adjust yan di ba..ImageImage
Can't stop staring there is always new :D
jemzac
reefphilippines member

Postby redbaron81 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Yup sis. I'll trim the ties. Thanks sa suggestion.
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

Postby rchitect » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 am

Niice set up redbaron! Great attention to detail, 'would definitely watch out your tank's progress. Epic!
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Postby redbaron81 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:46 pm

@rchitect

salamat sir. post mo na tank build mo para makita ko din. tapos na ba stand?
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

Postby RonSax » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Music is my PASSION
My Girlfriend is my OBSESSION and
Reefing is my ADDICTION
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RonSax
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Member Tanks