[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - 5 Gallon JEBO Tank SW Newbie Questions

5 Gallon JEBO Tank SW Newbie Questions

A forum for people interested in keeping nano tanks

Postby Annakins » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 am

Bugahong: i have a power filter that came with the tank.. for a while i was thinking if i needed a canister filter to work with it too.. but i read that canister filters dont offer much flow as a power filter would.. so now im wondering if the power filter is enough on its own.. mmm for algae.. wont snails be enough to control them? =\

I found a list of equipments that someone used on their 5 gallon tank and im thinking of just following this since the tank looks like it has matured well with the equipment and I have decided that I would have to take my top case apart to make room for more lights and a cooling system..
-------------
Filtration: Eheim Liberty 2042 hang-on filter
Water movement: from Eheim Liberty + Eheim compact 600 Feeding chiller
Lighting: MH 150w 2ok Solarmax Nano (6:00pm – 00:00am)
(1) 11w pc light (Red/Blue or 50/50) (5:00pm – 01:00am.)
Temp Control: 1/20 hp chiller Hailea100a

See the Tank here
---------------
Filtration: I might DIY a hang on filter to make space for the lights.. the 2042 pump is rated for 200L tanks.. the pump i have with the filter is for 300L (79G) so maybe i could use that.. does anyone think its too strong for my tank?

Lighting: wont a MH 150w be too hot? wont it cook the corals? if its fine, where can i get the cheapest MH lights in cartimar?

Temp: chillers sound expensive and the one i saw on the photos looks like its bigger than the tank. I thought of a way I could try out to cool the tank a bit.. hopefully 1 ice pack will be enough to lower the temperature down to 27C x.x

I still have to ask my dad if hell let me have his amp fan, hes not using it anymore and i think theyll do better than pc fans..

Also.. has anyone started off with just using Natural SW then later on, as the water evaporates they just had to refill the tank with freshwater to balance the salinity?
Annakins
reefphilippines member

Postby Menthol » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 am

Menthol
reefphilippines member

Postby deaunab » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 am

deaunab
reefphilippines member

Postby Annakins » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Annakins
reefphilippines member

Postby deaunab » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 pm

deaunab
reefphilippines member

Postby Annakins » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:35 am

no problem :)

**Tank Update:

Water Salinity was low with nitrates at 40.. So I asked for some water from a friend who has a tank thats been running for years now.. Did 100% water change.. Good Salinity but nitrates were at 80.. my sea urchin couldnt hack it so it died. I also found a clam bigger than my thumb hiding in one of the rocks with tiny mushroom looking transparent corals.. all still surviving.. 2 weeks later, same stats, i did a 100% water change again with water from cartimar.. now on its 1st week, nitrite and ammonia are at 0 but nitrate is still at 80 x.x I dropped in 3 nassarius snails and a skunk cleaner =\

Any suggestions on an easy way to lower nitrates aside from water changes?
Annakins
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:45 am

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, Give him power."
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:12 am

75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless
Mixed reef(SPS, LPS, Softies)

Bringing a slice of ocean into your home