my 30 gallon nano (6 years and counting)

A forum for people interested in keeping nano tanks

my 30 gallon nano (6 years and counting)

Postby labrador » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:07 am

Just a couple of detail pics from my 30 gallon nano. Rescued after many years of mismanagement by my discovery of reef philippines. This is a modest bio research 30 gallon tank with a reef octopus HOB skimmer and fuge for chaeto and liverock, 2 powerheads for circulation and and a hopar light fixture with 4X24 watt tubes (2 daylight and 2 actinic).

6 years ago, i was walked through the proper cycling process by many of the people here at RP. Many of my original frags from that time have now prospered and multiplied and the clownfish spawn almost every 2 weeks. Strangely, I still have problems with zoanthids (never succesfully raised any) and my gorgonians go through periods of decline (probably because of the compounds released by my very many actinos and rics). The mushroom anemone population has exploded, specially since i switched to NSW due to financial realities. I've decided to remain considerably low budget and low tech and perhaps that's the secret for this type of tank. All my livestock was chosen specifically being easy to care for.

I'd like to again take an opportunity to all the kind folks who have helped with this tank. It continues to give my family and friends hours of underwater wonder.
labrador
reefphilippines member

Re: my 30 gallon nano (6 years and counting)

Postby labrador » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 am

soon sir, i just have to clean the front glass.
labrador
reefphilippines member

Re: my 30 gallon nano (6 years and counting)

Postby Sea Turtle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:41 pm

...nice! hope to see more pics soon. :wink:
Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Return to Nano Tanks