. . . mods padelete . . .

A forum for people interested in keeping large reef tanks. This forum is dedicated to water volumes of 150 gallons and larger.

Postby mund27 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 pm

@ triggerman No, 160PhP +/- for 3/4 per square foot and 86PhP +/- per square foot. That's the price we get from my father's supplier.
DT 100G 48x26x24
Sump w/Refugium 50G 38x20x18
Return Rio 20HF Middle Return
DT 8x54W T5HO/Sump Aquahouse 18W
RO DNWB-110
mund27
reefphilippines member

Postby khuran » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:47 pm

trggerman wrote:just make sure that any sides of your tank will fit into the standard 4'x8' and that will save you a lot on money. i was told that 1/2 4'x8' is around 4000. you an do the math.

fyi, there is a thread in rc that talks about building a 1000+g tank. close to 100 pages na. guy is from thailand and very passionate.

Did the guy from thailand ever get started?

Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
From Harbinger of DOOM, to PraiseMaster in a snap!
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/
khuran
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:54 pm

@ sir jackryan

yes sir i have previously planned 30" in height and after your suggestions decided to cut down to 24" height. thanks po sa best wishes. its nowhere near the completion of the planning stage. im still stumbling upon ideas that was never in the design in the 1st place.

@ sir obet

sir i have sent mang ramon those two dimensions for the two different purposes. the bigger tank would be the DT and the smaller one would be the sump tank to be further divided into a fuge, sump, and a auto top-up system. the sump tank is quite big i know but i always say that the system is just going to be 700-900 gallons since if you add the max volume of the two tanks together its 1100 gallons but some of it would be taken away due to the auto top-up system.

@ sir ramon

yes sir. i know po. i understood po your father's message and sorry if others got my post wrong i wasnt trying to insinuate anything much more not trying to tell others not to buy from mang ramon. i was merely stating the fact that the budget i have set was completely off the mark. i am aware of the comparative prices of the glass (not from phils though) therefore i was expecting a big difference on the 3/4 and the 1/2 but as i have said it was my pre-calculations that was messed up not the quotation of your dad... peace po!

@ sir mund

thanks po sir. im going thru with this tank po but settling with a 10ft tank nalang using 1/2 glass sheets. 3/4 would probably be used for the bottom part of the tanks.

@ sir triggerman

thanks po sa info bout the 1000G tank. be checking it out soon. im sure there's a lot of useful references and ideas that can be obtained from reading that thread.

@ sir waterlou
sirrrrrr! go pa naman po talaga kaso nde nga lng 3/4 hehehehe.. di po kaya ng budget ung 3/4 eh kaya liliit cguro ung tank. but according to the calculator that was kindly provided by one of our fellow reefers. 10ft @ 1/2 inch think glass is ok.

@ sir greggydm
thank you so much for that link it was really helpful for me to be able to make the final decision on the dimension of the tank!

@ all

sorry po if im consuming too much space in the forums with regards to asking Qs and stuff, as i have mentioned several times po im just a newbie in this hobby and i would really like to have a tank that would have even just half of the beauty that ive seen in the members' tanks. so please po bear with me for a bit more. im trying to get as much info as i can w/o posting any more. thanks po sa lahat and fore sure a tank tour would be scheduled after the completion of this tank. informal dinner buffet and lots and lots and lots of booze & girls.. would be prepared for you guys i would love for you to come and meet the great minds behind the success of this forum. thanks again for the patience and support.
Great minds will always encounter violent reactions from people with mediocre brains...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby watermark » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Lotsa booze and... girls?! :shock: :D Pareserve na sir ng seat sa tank tour ha! Hehe...
Just kiddin boss. Best of luck Sir Nhard. Hope we'll be hearing more from you and your super tank project.
watermark
reefphilippines member

Postby christian » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:06 pm

try 5/8 instead of 1/2 for your 10ft tank... safer and cheaper compared with 3/4... hth
desperately trying to find new ways to ease reefkeeping... :)

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

180 gallons reef tank of my parents:
viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9506
christian
reefphilippines supporter

Postby nhard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 pm

@ sir christian

thanks po sa tip sir. ill try to see how much its gonna run me. based dun sa calculator provided by one of our fellow reefers safe na ung 10ft sa 1/2 bsta may proper bracing. so im sure mas safe ung 5/8. thanks again.

@ watermark

matagal pa ung tank tour im sure. bka march next year pa un kasi february pa uwi ko so mga late march or early april pa cguro ma set-up lahat. pero no prob po. the more the merrier. uu invite tau girls na nakalagay sa aquarium.. pingwitin natin cla to give you guys company. kaso for sure ma-OP mga un kasi puro reefs ang topic natin. hahahaha
Great minds will always encounter violent reactions from people with mediocre brains...
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:52 pm

khuran wrote:
trggerman wrote:just make sure that any sides of your tank will fit into the standard 4'x8' and that will save you a lot on money. i was told that 1/2 4'x8' is around 4000. you an do the math.

fyi, there is a thread in rc that talks about building a 1000+g tank. close to 100 pages na. guy is from thailand and very passionate.

Did the guy from thailand ever get started?

Yep that guy built it and is actually amazing! Costly but amazing!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:05 pm

@ sir shandy

do you have any idea how long it took him to finish the planning part and everything? or up to the time that the whole tank was up and running?
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby makigarcia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:30 pm

ano bang plano mo nhard? pag uwi mo pa dito gagawin yung tank o pag uwi mo ready na ung tank sa mga take homes mo?
Tankless Maki

:)
makigarcia
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:45 pm

@ mark

balak ko paguwi ko nafinalize ko na ung design and eexecute nalang.. hehehe. walangya ka iniwan mo ko kagabi..
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby waterlou » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

@nhard - "sir"? hehe di ako sanay tinatawag na sir hehe. good luck on your project. contact mo din si peter for equipments :wink:
waterlou
reefphilippines member

Postby makigarcia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 pm

nhard wrote:@ mark

balak ko paguwi ko nafinalize ko na ung design and eexecute nalang.. hehehe. walangya ka iniwan mo ko kagabi..

OT: 9am ung exam ko.. at hindi gabi un nhard. 3:30am ata un! hahaha

excited nko makita ung tanke mo. haha. lalo dun sa design na naisip mo. hehe.
Tankless Maki

:)
makigarcia
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:06 pm

@ mark

mas lalo naman ako... hahaha checkbook ko lng ata ang kinakabahan at nde naeexcite sa project na toh eh.. =))
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby nhard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:08 pm

waterlou wrote:@nhard - "sir"? hehe di ako sanay tinatawag na sir hehe. good luck on your project. contact mo din si peter for equipments :wink:

yes sir waterlou.. waterlou pla.. lol nakausap ko na po si sir peter.. ang bait nya pla noh? hehehehe.. entertain nya lahat ng questions ko and lagi pang may link to provide visuals.. heheh thanks sa tip sir..
nhard
reefphilippines member

Postby waterlou » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm

oo very accommodating nga sya.. nahihiya na nga ako sa kanya dami ko na tanong... ala pa ako nabibili sa kanya hehe

@aquariatech - pramis sayo ako bibili ng lights :wink:
waterlou
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Large Reef Tanks