[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton

Offer your help, ask questions, share ideas, & just have fun!

Postby jackryan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:13 am

hi Chuck... hope Randell can ditch all his other luggage and bring lots of those phyto bottles :-)

thanks in advance to both you and Randell... :wink:
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby CLYVZ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:31 pm

Am I too late to get some of this? ok will contact Randell. Thanks Chuck
CLYVZ
reefphilippines supporter

Postby charlesr1958 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:13 am

Yeah, Randell better hurry up, I've been drinking 350ml bottles of sunkist orange drink just so I have enough bottles for the phyto. I bet I have 20 bottles already and I'm getting really sick and tired of orange drink!...lol

Chuck

Reef & Reef Aquarium Articles and Links
charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:40 am

go, Go, GO!!! :wink:
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby tommy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:52 am

go randell! hehe anyone else going to cebu? if only i have time to go...
Tankless...last tank lasted 2Y2M5D!
tommy
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:06 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:00 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby logs » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Sir Chuck, can we use any kind of fertilizer?
100g main tank
75g sump with 6" DSB and Cheato
6x54w T5 2 midday, 2 superactinic and 2 aquablue
4 SEIO M820
RO Extreme BK Skimmer
logs
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:07 pm

Not really, but I suppose one could make up their own by using a mixture of liquid plant food and Iron. The Iron used would have to be the same as the Iron supplements sold for our aquariums. Who ever does volunteer to culture this phytoplankton, I will be sure to send plenty of the guillards mix that I have since it only takes 11 drops per one litre of water and it should make a great many cultures. When that runs out, I have a powder mixture that is good for making 20,000 litres of phytoplankton, when the time comes, I need to split up the powder to where I can make a smaller batch for hobby use.

Now I just need a victim,,,errrr,, a volunteer willing to culture it.

Chuck

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby randell » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:22 pm

80 gallon Rimless Elos Tank
Reef Maniac Beckette Skimmer
Eheim Return Pump
Marine Hub Lumenarc/Alanod Refloctors
250w Metal Hallide Lamps
Teco Chiller
SPS, LPS, etc.

http://randelltiongson.com/
Marine Hub @ Animal Depot (Metrowalk)
Follower of Jesus Christ
Honor God, Make Disciples
randell

Postby charlesr1958 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:20 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby logs » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:00 pm

ok thanks for the reply sir.
100g main tank
75g sump with 6" DSB and Cheato
6x54w T5 2 midday, 2 superactinic and 2 aquablue
4 SEIO M820
RO Extreme BK Skimmer
logs
reefphilippines member

Postby CLYVZ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:48 am

CLYVZ

Postby charlesr1958 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:48 pm

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

Postby charlesr1958 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Change of plans guys, with Jason here, I have loaded him up with live phytoplankton and feritilizor to take back to Manila with him this evening. Give him a week or two and he should have plenty of phyto to share with anyone that wants it. I also included quite a few individual vials of fertilizor to where Jason can make little phyto kits to give out.
In the next week or so, I am going to start experimenting with fertilizors that can be bought at any hardware/plant store in the hopes of finding one that will replace the need to import such things.

Meant to add, that if anyone else comes to Cebu, they will be obligated to take some more phyto back with them as well, that way we can get quite a few cultures going to where if one crashes, there are many others to draw from.

Chuck

charlesr1958
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion