cycle experiment

Offer your help, ask questions, share ideas, & just have fun!

cycle experiment

Postby aljan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm

i just want to share a few things that i tried and observed.

first of all, i tried this in my old tank which i restarted after trasfering my livestock due to habagat 5day brown out. had a tank full of anemones and clowns only for a year before trying this.

i used the following saltmixes:
teco and DA

i started with tap water + saltmix, yes tap water hehe i only have a skimmer and bio pellet, no UV.

at the 2nd day of cycling i placed a clown and after noticing he was ok. i added my old percula and my old BTA. yes bta in tank after only 4days into cycling. my bta was already in bad shape in my brothers tank so i just tried this to see if i can push limitations considering its not advisable to put them when cycling and definitely not advisable, esp if your a newbie or not.

i used volcanic red rocks as my rocks, no live rocks or live sand. i used sand thouroughly washed(tama ba spelling haha) bought them dry.

and i just want to share, after some testing, it cycled in about 35days and did a water change now with non-tap water+saltmix and anemone is doing very very well.

not advisable, just an experiment that its posible.not an expert in anyway, sana lang may napulot kayo dito although if i had a choice i wouldnt put an invert through cycling again. :P
aljan
reefphilippines member

Return to General Discussion