[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Shrimp Identification Help Please

Shrimp Identification Help Please

What the heck is that thing? Seek identification help here!

Postby salvadoroars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:18 am

Hi guys, I need help. Anyone knows what kind of shrimp this is? I've tried searching the forum but some of the images are either deleted or removed. So here it is.

I have two of these inside my tank. They're about an inch long but really thin. Should I pull them out? I'm keeping a reef aquarium by the way.
salvadoroars
reefphilippines member

Re: Shrimp Identification Help Please

Postby spy_i » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:06 am

Long nose shrimp aka rock shrimp aka plumed shrimp. Leander plumosus

nice catch bro. quite rare in the hobby. Also this shrimp is cryptic.
follow more:

http://theprodigalcube.blogspot.com/

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby salvadoroars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:24 am

thank god! thank you! I've been searching the net for days! you won't believe what i typed down on the search engines just to get an idea. haha. and I only got the chance to take the picture last night. now i know what they are! but have no idea how to keep them healthy. :| and i'll be anxious for the following days since you said they're quiet rare in the hobby. i mean, i have a coral branded shrimp in the tank, and i HEARD they eat SOME of their own. and i saw it eating a pistol shrimp the other day. or maybe the pistol died and then he ate it? any ideas how to keep them? anyway, Thank YOUUU again! :D
salvadoroars
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 am

Looks cool! Congrats on the find! Where did you get that anyways?
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby naivete » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 am

Nice shrimp. You may want to remove that coral banded shrimp aka boxer shrimp as they will definitely chow the shrimps down. Happened to me on my last tank and thank God i dont keep one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
naivete
reefphilippines member

Postby salvadoroars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 am

@shandy_say I got it from a Cartimar shop (the first one when you enter from the plants shop.) They were in those floating little bags along with a lot of pistols and some of them invisible shrimps (i forgot the name) and I thought they were odd-looking and so i bought them. I guess I got lucky. or not kung pumapatay pala sila. haha. the net gives so little info about keeping them. :(

@naivete oh noo. :cry: do you think the long nose shrimp will do good with a scarlet skunk shrimp instead?
salvadoroars
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:17 am

I see. Well good luck with that! Keep us posted on how it does.
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Return to Identification Forum