[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - ZOAS not opening?

ZOAS not opening?

Discuss the requirements and care of all types of corals.

Re: ZOAS not opening?

Postby pepperghost » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:45 pm

its not your 5th week its just your 8th day since july 6... did you add dead shrimps after you let your other LS get adopted from july 6-10? what happened? how much is your ammonia did you get a spike then? i think you got the wrong idea of cycling... maybe you have to restart counting again... sorry bro... your tank might say "oh! we are ok go ahead we will do just fine" now but later it will give you problems because there is not enough bacteria coz you didnt cycle your tank well... Live stock will die and youll realize it late that you started it all wrong thats why its not working...
75 Gallons
DSB, ATS, Mangrove
Buying Chaeto PM me if you have some to spare! need it badly! and urgent...
pepperghost
reefphilippines member

Postby paulobalasa » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 pm

so u mean even if my tank is running for 5 weeks now i have to start from zero from the day i had my LS adopted?oh boy.and what about dead shrimps?
Dont hate me coz im Beautiful.
paulobalasa
reefphilippines member

ZOAS not opening?

Postby jemzac » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:20 pm

If i were u yes strt all over again atleast 2 LS mo. Seems like the gurus were just suggesting too prof stuff but at the end you'll enjoy the labor of patience. Don't commit the same mistake i did before. Some cycle lasted for even 2 months chaga lang. Pero after that lahat masaya na :-)
Can't stop staring there is always new :D
jemzac
reefphilippines member

Postby paulobalasa » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 pm

paulobalasa
reefphilippines member

Postby kentpoy23 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:34 am

kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby weekdaywarrior » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:33 pm

if i may, i think when they say "re-start your cycling", it means take out any and all LS. Put dead shrimps to start your cycling by producing ammonia spike/s, measure periodically once or twice a week (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate) until ammonia and nitrite becomes zero and nitrate as close to zero. only after achieving this,you can put back your LS.

i think you need to read and understand the cycling process first.
weekdaywarrior
reefphilippines member

Postby kentpoy23 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:52 pm

kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby pepperghost » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 am

if you have a chromis you have to feed it... if you feed it it will produce small amounts of fish waste and bio load that will continually give small amonia spikes that will never end... hence just prolonging the cycling process...
75 Gallons
DSB, ATS, Mangrove
Buying Chaeto PM me if you have some to spare! need it badly! and urgent...
pepperghost
reefphilippines member

Postby tugasi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:00 am

tugasi
reefphilippines member

Postby paulobalasa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:31 pm

paulobalasa
reefphilippines member

Postby tugasi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:59 pm

you just re-started and your shopping for LS? :D
tugasi
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:22 pm

so just to clear things up sir...does your tank contain LS right now or not? because in your last post, you stated that you retained the chromis and shrimp :o

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby kentpoy23 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:36 pm

sir, i'll just base my comment on your other thread... dated jul 6,2011 since your first post, they told you to restart your tank, i just can't believe your tank has already finish cycling since that day, it's just about a week, and same time i start cycling my tank, but my tank hasn't finish it's cycle since that day, i don't think your tank also has finish it's cycle... come to think of it, you are putting your LS while cycling... that will extend the cycling because they will continuously restart the cycle...

well it's not just for my eyes... i'm just really concern in your tank, let's say sir... your tank is okay as you said... but imagine what your tank will be when the ammonia spikes in coming days or weeks... how can you handle that when they are dead... i just don't want you to experience my mistakes and see your fishes dying.... so please listen and "follow"... it's not for us sir...it for you and your tank sake...

hehehe... i dont want to be mean... well my just a newbie who learned from my mistakes...
kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby paulobalasa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:51 pm

@rolandgelo

its live rock and water.yes i tried to retained shrimpy and the chromis but a friend advised that she can adopt it.that it would be best.so i let go and literally start bare.i just didnt bother posting i just rely most on constructive feedbacks that i can use while exempting few dumb exceptions and i dnt feel like its my moral obligation to update every moron who doesnt have anything useful to say.its a stressful moment.i miss my shrimp :oops: but my concern is my tank.im just on hiatus while i figure things out.and research reasearch research and i ask advice from some people here i keep in touch with so i dnt update my tank thread.Thanks to those people though that i dont have to go through some idiotic remarks.it honestly gives me aneurysm.
paulobalasa
reefphilippines member

Postby paulobalasa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:56 pm

anyways im not being mean.i just dont feel like updating the most recent things that i did for my tank.coz im stil sad about my shrimp and stressed out that i have to cycle again coz i made a mistake.and i totally understands that.but believe me.i learned a lot from most people here and its just i dnt oblige myself to update at the moment while im getting the hang of things.plus at the end of the day most of the application will be coming from me.and u can say what im doing is sum future damage control on my tank.

Thanks Guys.
paulobalasa
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Coral Forum