[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Killing Aiptasia Anemone with Lemon juice

Killing Aiptasia Anemone with Lemon juice

Discuss the care of invertebrates; shrimp, snails, crabs, etc

Killing Aiptasia Anemone with Lemon juice

Postby rolandgelo » Wed May 04, 2011 10:27 pm

I have a half inch Aiptasia on one of my zoa colonies :evil: , has anyone tried the lemon juice approach to killing it? What other methods have you guys tried and how did it work for you? TIA

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Re: Killing Aiptasia Anemone with Lemon juice

Postby kuza » Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 am

kuza
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 am

last night lang may tinangal ako aiptasia sa zoa, hinati ko lang yun rock then disposed the infested one.
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 am

You can inject Vinegar, Lime juice, Calamansi Juice, or Kalk to kill aiptasia. I myself just use vinegar.
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Thu May 05, 2011 10:02 am

where and how do you guys inject it? I might have missed a shot because when I punctured the stalk it withdrew into the rock, so I just stuck the needle into the hole and squirted the lemon juice..hopefully it works :mrgreen:

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Thu May 05, 2011 10:05 am

ako i use kalk, parang nag target feed lang ako pero kalk.. hehehe!
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby rolandgelo » Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 am

ahaha..so idrodrop nyo lang sir ung kalk sa mouth area nung aiptasia without touching it?

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby BrianM » Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 am

I use vinegar :D
Golfing + Reefing = Lots of Patience :)

BrianM
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu May 05, 2011 10:30 am

You have to inject it into the middle of the aiptasia otherwise it will be useless.
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby christian » Thu May 05, 2011 10:57 am

it is easier to use distilled vinegar than lemon juice or kalk kasi mas malabnaw and mas effective...
desperately trying to find new ways to ease reefkeeping... :)

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

180 gallons reef tank of my parents:
viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9506
christian
reefphilippines supporter

Postby rolandgelo » Thu May 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Thu May 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu May 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Well thats a trick you have to practice talaga. You have to be quick enough to insert the needle into the aiptasia and inject the vinegar before it disappears completely. You will know if the vinegar went into the aiptasia or completely missed it as the aiptasia will turn slimy and will not be able to completely hide into the hole if done correctly. Then using the needle you can scrape off the aiptasia from the rocks. Atleast thats how i do it. Good luck!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 pm

I guess I did some damage because the crown is out of the hole and some white strings are coming off of it...I might try scraping it off later but I'm not so sure about this because I read somewhere that they can spread if you physically remove them and some particles are released into the water column :D

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu May 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Well when you scrape them off you have to have a net or a container on hand to catch the remains of the aiptasia.
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Invertebrate Forum