BREEDING Cleaner Shrimp

Discuss the care of invertebrates; shrimp, snails, crabs, etc

BREEDING Cleaner Shrimp

Postby kentpoy23 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi, i bought a pregnant cleaner shrimp from Marine Quest last wednesday April 13, 2011... i was planning to breed some cleaner shrimp, and sell it... but i read a lot of articles saying it's hard to breed cleaner shrimp like it will be a dinner of my corals and fishes, so ibinukod ko cya sa isang maliit na tank... but plan ko cya ilagay dun sa 5gals ko... ang prob kolang ay ung pump na bka mahigop ung larvae, so plano ko nlng balutan ng foam ung pump pra di mahigop... kaso dko alam kng ilang weeks bago cya manganak and ilang weeks ulit bago lumaki ung mga babies if ever na my mabuhay... then another problems is kng papano ko cya ibe2nta... hehehehe... could anyone donate a bigger tank for me with or without stand... hahahaha medyo namulubi ako d2 sa hobby nato eh... and i'm planning to sell my 2 month old sa aquarium ko na mimic tang and blue tang, kc medyo malaki na cla pra sa aquarium ko at lalaki pa cla... ung mimic about 3inches and ung blue tang is 2"... medyo mahal pagkabili ko s knila pero sureball na nabuhay cla kesa dun sa binili kong tig 100 na 1night lng patay na... i could sell them like 500... pwde naba un? mhal kc din bli ko dun and mahal din pagakin nla, di ung tig bbente... matakaw cla kya sulit ung pagkain... no damages, ung mimic, turning to adult kya from yellow nag-iiba na cya ng kulay, mas mura ko benta dun mga 200 nlng... sbi kc yellow tang daw un di nmn pala... pero ok nmn cya napamahal naren saken matakaw kc kya nagus2han kona ren... mabait nmn cla pareho, they like to be cleaned by my cleaner shrimp nung first time kc my white spots cla nuon eh dhil stress cla nung pagkabili ko, ngaun ok na cla wla na probs... medyo dina diet kolang cla bka kc ma overfed ko....
kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Re: BREEDING Cleaner Shrimp

Postby kentpoy23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:03 am

sna anyone can help me d2 sa breeding hobby ko... starting palang po me... i wish i could breed more fishes... i'm planning to breed a nemo, kaso bata pa cla eh... almost 1" palang and 3months old palang cla sa akin... and wla pako na iihost na anemone sa knila kc palaging dedz anemone ko, buti pa ung corals ko... meron akong purple tip and green body hammer coral and an ordinary hammer coral, torch coral, 2 bubble corals, and my mga buttons, and konting mushrooms, then 5gals for breeding, sna my mkapag advice sakin, i badly need ur help...
kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 am

Breeding CS is nearly impossible. My CS have spawned many times in my tank and its just additional coral food.

Breeding clowns is possible but needs a lot of work and research. From what im reading in your post where you cant even keep an anemone alive, i dont want to be mean but don't even bother trying to breed your clowns. My clowns have bred multiple times in the past and once again, just count the babies as snacks for the other fishes. You have to hatch rotifers to constantly feed them and rotifers need cultures of phytoplankton. Thats just the start of it and its already that difficult. Doesnt sound like you have enough equipment either.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby kentpoy23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:47 am

i have just enough equipments for the hobby though not for breeding, the reason that my anemone dies is that they got sucked on the powerhead... and the temp of my water before is higher than these days, because i bought a mini electric fan to decrease the temp of my water, and my fishes are growing faster than i thought... and my CS molt once a week... and sabi nmn po dun sa pinagbi2lhan ko sa cartimar, maybe it's because my water is in good condition... but i admit i don't have enough for breeding... and thanks for the info
kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby kentpoy23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:28 am

but i wish i knew this forum before i get in to this hobby... it has been really a trial and error for me because i really don't have a knowledge in reef keeping before, and i really lack of expertise. but i'm happy that after that i learned lots of thing in reef keeping, pra nmn di nasayang ung budget ko... nagamit ko sna sa mas stable and mas magndang aquarium, pero wla na maga2wa so far happy nmn ako sa aquarium ko, hehehehe... kc malulusog nmn po ung mga isda pati mga corals...

thanks sa Marine Quest, dhil nangabuhay na mga isda at corals ko cmula nung nag consult ako dun... kc unlike dun sa mga mumurahin, tipid cla sa info basta makabenta... bale supplement kopo sa corals ko is Kent Marin ZOOPLEX and Kent Marin na Nano Reef, kya healthy ung corals and fishes ko... i just don't know how to upload the picture here
kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby jerickson81 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 am

I agree with ryan. Breeding is hard! My CS have been pregnant many times and so have my clowns. They just end up being fish food. Try to start by stabilizing your tank first. Get a feel for it before trying to attempt breeding. What is your tank's specs? Dimension? Equipment? Parameters etc?

Re posting pictures, just upload to photobucket and copy paste the IMG code here and it should pop up. HTH
jerickson81
reefphilippines member

Postby kentpoy23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 pm

i have an extra tank intended for breeding, no fish and corals, so no worries to be eaten, i separate the pregnant CS... but i guess he's right and i think i'm not ready for breeding hobby... i'll just master first this hobby... thanks for the concerns and for the piece of advices and for being frank...
kentpoy23
reefphilippines member

Postby naturelover » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Sir mkisingit lng meron po kyo chaetomorpha algae? Sobrang need ko po tlga, khit bilin ko po syo tnx.
naturelover
reefphilippines member

Return to Invertebrate Forum