corepods

Discuss the care of invertebrates; shrimp, snails, crabs, etc

corepods

Postby KpopAMD » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

mga sirs, is corepod an invertebrae? also meron ba dito sa atin nagbebenta ng mga corepods? at first dumami sobra mga pods ko but my damsels and mandarin ate everything sabay na din naubos with every water change, im just worried wala nang makakain yung mandarin ko
KpopAMD
reefphilippines member

Re: corepods

Postby lanreef » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Copepods are crustaceans which are found in freshwater and marine environments. The name copepod refers to "oar foot" because some of the planktonic species have tails that flare out like a paddle, much like my little mascot above. About 12,000 species have been described to date. Copepods have a variety of behaviors and preferred habitats. Some copepods will "hibernate" or encyst, much like brine shrimp (Artemia). Others are parasites, and can travel hundreds of miles by hitching a ride on migrating fish. Some species have a relatively short life cycle (a few weeks), while others can live a full year.

Copepods are a very diverse group of organisms, and I have found that the more you try to generalize their behavior or characteristics, the more diversity is discovered.

Try to ask the other members if they were selling copepods.
Tank size- 75 gallons
Filtration- Berlin System
Fish-damselfish, clownfish, wrasses, tangs, hawfi
A true Hobbyist is measured in his ways to take care of his pets not the measure at ways.
lanreef
reefphilippines member

Postby lanreef » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Do you have sump? Copepods grown in them helps you give a supply of this plankton. They are invertibrates.
Tank size- 75 gallons
A true Hobbyist is measured in his ways to take care of his pets not the measure at ways.
lanreef
reefphilippines member

Postby KpopAMD » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:33 pm

i havent gotten a sump yet so theres no way i could harvest them, have to rely on the main tank and if theres any sellers here
KpopAMD
reefphilippines member

Postby lanreef » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Definitely it is hard to find one. Did you try in Marine Hub? Or Cartimar? I saw in the internet they are selling copepods in bottle. Try to look for it.
Tank size- 75 gallons
lanreef
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Live copepod in a bottle i think you have to have it shipped from the states. I've browsed through marine depot before and they have a couple of really nice live products there. To my knowledge, no one sells copepods here. Not the live ones that you can use to seed your tank or sump at least. Marine Hub has live phytoplankton but no copepods.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby lanreef » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Thank you sir for that. :oops: A little bit expensive, just try to order online I think they can ship it.
Tank size- 75 gallons
lanreef
reefphilippines member

Postby KpopAMD » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

well i guess im out of option for now, cause shipping will cost a lot, thanks for the reply guys!!
KpopAMD
reefphilippines member

Postby lanreef » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Welcome sir. Hope for your healthy fish.
Tank size- 75 gallons
lanreef
reefphilippines member

Postby KpopAMD » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 am

thanks sir!
KpopAMD
reefphilippines member

Return to Invertebrate Forum