[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - FS: 375g tank plus other stuff [updated 2017]

FS: 375g tank plus other stuff [updated 2017]

Buy sell and trade equipments and livestocks here

Re: FS: 375g tank plus other stuff

Postby Alfalfameister » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Stand is 41" tall.

Overflow is internally mounted; the way it is, the water level will be 4" from the top of the tank.

I intended to put a Wavebox, so I made sure there was space on top for the waves. After I [would have] mounted the light hood on top, the "lip" would have been 5 inches or so anyway, so that, viewed from the front, you won't see the water level, but slightly below it.

So, if you lose 4", the 375 gallon tank (which is already slightly less because of the 3/4" thick glass, the actual volume would be about 320 gallons.

I planned to cover the whole rear (and hide the overflow) with some kind of rock wall using PVC crates with attached rocks and rock formation using a combination of foam and cement.

I am out of touch with current aquascaping tips and all that, but my research two years ago, I was planning on using a combination of rock, araga-crete (or something like that) and some type of foam, then painted over with safe paint... that was the way to go back then.

@ Christian -- you have been a member here since 2006 (I checked your profile). Kunin mo na ito. Pag-usapan na lang natin ang installment. I know that if you get this, there will be additional cost in investing in equipment and all that, so I'll make it easy for you. Don't make tawad the price; but you can make tawad the length. :)

Oh, part of the payment pala (whether you or anyone), is that you invite me for a beer (or two... or three) when the whole setup is done and there is livestock in it na. :)
[URL=https://datesnow.life]Real-life Females[/URL]
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Postby christian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Im considering your tank for the longest time... ever since you posted this FS tank im considering it... super like ko yun size and i really like your overbuilt stand. two years ago when i saw your selling your tank my house is still under construction but now its all done... so i just need to measure my main door if your tank will fit. I'll get back to you bro as soon as i arrived in Phil, currently out of the country kasi. Will contact you asap. ty
desperately trying to find new ways to ease reefkeeping... :)

75 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?t=1761

180 gallons reef tank of my parents:
viewtopic.php?t=6211

275 gallons reef tank:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9506
christian
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Alfalfameister » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:40 am

Re-posting from my Facebook post in Manila Furniture Buy and Sell (and because I visited reefphilippines again and found this post).

This is a major re-price (from 6 years ago!) and is a giveaway price.

Note: see first page of this post for ANOTHER link of the tank.

------------------------
375 gallon aquarium (8 feet x 2.5 feet x 2.5 feet)

₱10,000

Pasig, Philippines

375 gallon tank (holds less, because "Calfo style" overflow sits a few inches below top, since I used a Tunze Wavebox (wave maker) with the tank, and having water level below top allowed me to make 2-3" waves).

Tank is 8 feet x 2.5 feet x 2.5 feet (outside dimensions). Glass is 3/4" low iron glass (green tinge is slightly less than regular glass -- see pics). Tank was made by Bioresearch back in 2008.

Drilled at the rear (three holes).

Price is FIXED at P10,000. Expect to pay movers with truck another P15,000 (my guess only; please contact your own movers) bringing your total cost to around P25,000. Cost me P10,000 to move it from my previous home 5 years ago. I have old contact info of the guy who built the sump and moved the tank (and can do thorough cleaning of tank), but I have no idea if he still exists. He is known as "Mang Ramon"

[edit: is Mang Ramon still around?]

Movers need to be at least 10, and preferably 12 to 15 people. This thing is HEAVY.

Price is fixed because am thinking of moving it to backyard instead (it's in front garden now) and just do aquaponics, so if no one gets it at my asking price, I'll just pursue the aquaponics project.

FREE: the sump at the bottom (was P8,000 eight years ago), and the stand (got the design from one of the posts in reefcentral.com, by user "RocketEngineer" who was actually a NASA rocket scientist). The sump is very useful (made of 1/2" plate glass), but the stand was made so I could look at my saltwater fish and corals at eye level (in my previous home), but became "too tall" in my current home, and it was already "too tall" for some people's taste. Stand looks deteriorated on the outside, but is structurally sound using 2x4s, 2x6s, and 2x8s.

[edit] just found this post, and it was only P6,000 back then pala, not 8k]

Not included are any of my aquarium equipment (chillers, pumps, skimmers, etc). Only the main tank, the sump, and the stand.
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Re: FS: 375g tank plus other stuff [updated 2017]

Postby Alfalfameister » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 am

Mang Ramon back in 2008/2009 putting in sump:

Current condition, pic 1:

Current condition, pic 2:

Current condition, pic 3:

Back when it was new in 2008:
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Postby firegarden03 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi,

Interested on buying the tank. Can you pm me your number. Thanks.
firegarden03
reefphilippines member

Postby Alfalfameister » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:43 am

UPDATE: Mang Ramon is still around, alive and kicking! I just texted him, and he replied back, haha. :)

(for prospective buyers, you can negotiate with him directly)

Mang Ramon:

0926 617 2399

0922 502 6681
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Postby DARKSTAR22 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks for the update on Mang Ramon, parang tinadhana na tinatawag na ako mag reef ulit :lol:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, Give him power."
-Abraham lincoln
DARKSTAR22
reefphilippines member

Previous

Return to Aquarium Related