Page 1 of 1

Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:42 am
by stenchy
Hi guys!

Ako yung nagkamajor tank crash dati with my 35 gallon FOWLR tank (got bad advice and stocked it with a Yellow Tang, three blue damsels, three firefish, three clownfishes, a longnose butterfly fish, and a copperband butterfly fish). Decommissioned na yung tank and I've started a 15 gallon nano reef that's been going strong for about a year now with my yellow watchman goby. Last week I've added a black cardinalfish. I'm doing a 10% water change every week.

Question is, could I perhaps add another fish or two to my current stock? Para kasing pag tumingin ako sa aquarium, walang laman. As in, yung yellow watchman goby laging nagtatago tapos yung black cardinalfish nasa isang tabi rin nagtatago lang and nagpapanic lang pag may pagkain. I was thinking of either adding a purple firefish or a blue damselfish, or possibly both. May I ask for suggestions regarding this? Ayoko ulit magkaroon ng tank crash, but I do want creatures na interesting din and will liven up a nano. (so far my plate coral is the most interesting creature sa aquarium, and the YWG pag nakikita ko :>)

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:26 pm
by aquareef
You can add another fish preferably a small one. Yeah, firefish would be a good choice! :)

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:08 pm
by boing
Id suggest maybe 1 clown. In my experience sa firefish, its a very paranoid fish hehe, takes a long time before it gets brave enough to go out. Pero siyempre baka makakuha ka ng matapang na firefish, though normally tago talaga sila

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:48 pm
by immortalbreaker
:mrgreen: a pair of small clownfish would be ok.

I think blue damsel would be aggresive.

firefish are also ok but most are skittish IME they also known to jump so a lid would be good

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:35 pm
by stenchy
aquareef wrote:You can add another fish preferably a small one. Yeah, firefish would be a good choice! :)


Awesome! May nakita ako sa dlbd pero mukhang naghihingalo na yung mga purple firefish dun. Know any stores that would sell a purple firefish or perhaps even a helfrichi? :D

boing wrote:Id suggest maybe 1 clown. In my experience sa firefish, its a very paranoid fish hehe, takes a long time before it gets brave enough to go out. Pero siyempre baka makakuha ka ng matapang na firefish, though normally tago talaga sila


immortalbreaker wrote::mrgreen: a pair of small clownfish would be ok.

I think blue damsel would be aggresive.

firefish are also ok but most are skittish IME they also known to jump so a lid would be good


Yeah, kita ko sa mga reviews na madali raw matakot yung firefish :) still weighing my options, pero as for the clownfish, what type would you guys suggest? May nakita akong maroon clownfish pero masyadong maliit raw siya for a 15 gallon tank.

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:42 am
by denjah2005
Nemo na lang kunin mo.
Yung maliit lang.
Fire fish lagi nakatago if bago lang sa tank.
Or dragon na lang, train mo na lang sa pellet.

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:27 pm
by boing
ocellaris clownfish yun suggestion ko :D , matapang maroons masyado

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:30 pm
by stenchy
Thanks for the suggestion, guys!

Went with a clownfish instead. Don't know kung ocellaris siya or percula though, but he's pretty tiny and he likes to swim around the tank :D

Re: Stocking suggestions for a 15 gallon reef tank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:25 pm
by boing
stenchy wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, guys!

Went with a clownfish instead. Don't know kung ocellaris siya or percula though, but he's pretty tiny and he likes to swim around the tank :D

Take good care of him! most likely ocellaris siya. malalaman mo kung perc ba siya o ocellaris based sa price tag hehe, bira lang perculas dito kasi di ata sila local sa region natin.