[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - NOOOOOOOOO!

NOOOOOOOOO!

A forum to discuss the requirements and care of saltwater fish

NOOOOOOOOO!

Postby Coraladict443 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi guys major problem here
Yesterday was my b-day at sabi sa papa ko na may surprise siya sakin :lol: :lol: , problem is that the surprise was a juv. Koran angelfish in a lps dominated tank :o :o I was torn kasi nasa tank na ang angel at hindi ko masabi na kunin sa tank kasi hirap kunin ito dahil sa lr at takot ako na magalit si papa sa akin na hindi tinanggap ang gift nya :cry:

What should i do? Replies are highly appriciated
75 gal. DT
DIY cooling system
3100 rio pumps
most of such details will be on a later date
Coraladict443
reefphilippines member

Re: NOOOOOOOOO!

Postby aldwin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:51 am

uppp
pang aquarium lang...kulang pa!!!

50 gals...
no sump..
Live Rocks...
1 sun sun wavemaker 6watts

1t5 6500k(wala na ngayon, nasa likod bahay na ang DT ko,reflected sunlight mode)
12pcs 1/4 watts small Blue LED's(wala na rin, nasunog,)

feb 2015..i added an OHF..(2nd hand kasama ng DT nuon)
added (sept 2017)skimmer from a member(kanino ko banabili yun?) :)
aldwin
reefphilippines member

Postby rolandgelo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:58 am

I'm sure your dad will understand if you explain it to him well. The koran will attack the corals and other inverts, it's just a matter of time.
I've seen and witnessed first-hand so many stories of people claiming that their koran angel seems to be "special" and are not nipping at corals but most of them are just classic situations of people convincing themselves that they can keep a koran in their reef tank, but eventually the angel does what it's programmed to do and starts recognizing the variety of yummy invert/coral food that are readily available for it in the reef tank.

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:19 am

I agree, it's either the koran gets adpted or the corals. I hope it's the koran, unless you have a really large tank (FOWLR) for it.
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby mindfreak » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:34 am

For now the best thing you do is to make a DIY fish trap and try to relocate your angels to your (if you still have space there) sump before it can do any harm to your coral. I agree, need to explain it to your Dad, all the pros and cons of keeping an angels specially on a reef setup.
With Gratitude,

- Everything is relative in this hobby.
What works for me may not work for you.
mindfreak
reefphilippines member

Postby Coraladict443 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:59 am

thanks for the reply hopefully father will understand ,gonna put the koran with my raffles in the sump and BTW can post links on a diy fish trap or instructions :3
75 gal. DT
DIY cooling system
3100 rio pumps
most of such details will be on a later date
Coraladict443
reefphilippines member

Return to Fish Forum