[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - clouded eyes

clouded eyes

A forum to discuss the requirements and care of saltwater fish

clouded eyes

Postby engrchun » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 pm

have a question.

i have my tank cycled for more than 3 months now. Then just got time to have a fish.
I got trigger and puffer.
For a day or two, i noticed their eyes turn to clouded instead of clear. I know its not normal but i dont know the cause.
i tested nitrate and nitrite and they are ZERO. SG 1.25. working on bringing it down to 1.02.
though i havent tested for ph. coz its out of stock all the time.
what are some possible issues caused them to have clouded eyes?
and what actions will i take to bring them back to normal and clear eyes?

tnx
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Re: clouded eyes

Postby thurrmac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:59 pm

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:11 pm

thank you bro. but what about the sg? does it have to be 1.02? or 1.25 is enough?
BTW, about the antibiotic said in the link, is it like same antibiotic used for human consumption?
do you know specific products which are ready and easy to buy?

tnx
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 pm

nope huwag yun gamot para sa humans may gamot talaga para sa fish try to contact sir randell of MH one of our sponsors or sir paul of petsneeds baka may gamot sila available... ideal salinity for saltwater is 1.020 to 1.025 kaya bago po kayo mag add ng new arrivals proper acclimating is prefered...
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:00 am

i already tested my water for ph and its not acidic, so we could say its really bacteria.
what am i suppose to do first?
i mean, if i will transfer the fish to the hospital tank, then what about the main tank? do i still have to place antibiotic in it? its so expensive because i have around 450gals just the main tank itself.
any other solutions where we could go cheaper?
thanks.
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:02 am

whats the proper acclimating?
i did it for just an hour.
is this the cause for the eye clouding or no relation at all?
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 am

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 am

cloudy eyes is usually flukes or bacterial infection. IMO garlic wont do very much to help once at that stage but of course you could try. I would suggest catching the fish and placing him in QT with a strong antibacterial like furan-2 or formalin perhaps. Or if your tank is a fowlr, you could treat the whole thing no problem.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 pm

ill try garlic for the fish while waiting for my hospital tank.

skimmer ko cataract for marine, external. and its still not working because cant get it right kung pano. its kinda complicated. ill try working on it this sunday though.

@ryanuy: how to treat the main tank, i got FOWLR and around 450gals.
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby ryanuy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 pm

since its a fowlr, youre gonna need a crapload of furan-2. hahaha i packet is good for 10g lang. it may be cheaper just to catch all the fish and QT them.
ryanuy
reefphilippines member

Postby natskie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 pm

omega one with garlic cured my blue tang from itch and cloudy eyes!
natskie
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:43 pm

where can we buy omega one?

guys, i fed them and tried the garlic. then came back after 3 hours and the cloud eyes were gone.
BUT their SKIN!!! discoloration and its like they change skin.. is this normal reaction to the garlic?
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:45 am

i checked the fish this morning.
eyes with minimal cloud and their skin were back to normal.
they seemed healthy and GARLIC cured them.
ill check furan-2 later and maybe put some into my main tank just to prevent them from having clouded eyes again.
thanks guys.
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby engrchun » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:32 pm

guys, nag iba ba un water color nyo nung gumamit kyo ng furan-2? confirm ko lng kasi naka sulat dun baka daw may changes ng color eh activated carbon lng daw nakakatanggal nun. wla pa akong activated carbon so tanong ko nlng muna. sabi kasi ng friends ko baka iitim un water pag mag lagay ng activated carbon..haha tas sinunud nyo un instruction dun sa likod ng furan-2?
engrchun
reefphilippines member

Postby jerickson81 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:44 pm

jerickson81
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Fish Forum