[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - a diy led diagram/plan

a diy led diagram/plan

A forum for all those projects you want to build on your own

Re: a diy led diagram/plan

Postby thurrmac » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:28 pm

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby Sea Turtle » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Sea Turtle
reefphilippines member

Postby tosh48 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm

80G shallow reef tank
tosh48
reefphilippines member

Postby pepperghost » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Gusto ko sana irevive itong topic na ito... Im planning on making a good demo unit para naman makatulong ako sa fellow reefers natin... But i have to admit it i lack some knowledge about what electronics parts to use. I do know how to look fr the cheapest alternatives to use in terms of fabrication. Im planning an acrylic black box to encase the leds and to make it modular.

Anyway the things i need to do first.
Talk to bro obet and sir burton about where i could find the diy led parts esp the drivers.
Search for other parts to use and check if some are available locally.

My goal is to make a good prototype that we can all use and to really give a good reasonable estimate of what this project really costs. Hope You guys can give a helping hand. Sana dumating ang araw na makikita din ng mga taga ibang bansa na maganda rin tayo gumawa ng diy.

Thanks for your time in reading this. Magbababasa na rin ako. Aral pa konti!
75 Gallons
DSB, ATS, Mangrove
Buying Chaeto PM me if you have some to spare! need it badly! and urgent...
pepperghost
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:39 pm

need inputs mga braders...

this was my leds before, neat simple at pulido ang gawa by burton

then i decided to add blues 8pcs of 3w china leds i bought from obet carlos,
the black and lousy wiring was obviously my work... its a big PALPAK, 3 lang dyan
ang umilaw... i doubled checked yun polarity mukang ok naman... napapraning nako :evil:
ewan koba ano tingin nyo... paging mobetz !!!

imbyerna to d max :evil:
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby radj » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 pm

then i decided to add blues 8pcs of 3w china leds i bought from obet carlos,
the black and lousy wiring was obviously my work... its a big PALPAK, 3 lang dyan
ang umilaw... i doubled checked yun polarity mukang ok naman... napapraning nako :evil:
ewan koba ano tingin nyo... paging mobetz !!!

imbyerna to d max :evil:[/quote]

mukhang naka series ka naman bro. natry mo test isa isa led muna?
From fresh to salt... back to newbie ;)
radj
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm

natakot nako mag test... baka masira ko lang...
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby radj » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 pm

From fresh to salt... back to newbie ;)
radj
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:01 am

baka nga grounded bro.. gusto mo dalhin mo dito sa bahay, gawin natin..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby thurrmac » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 am

bro pag grounded ba ano ibig sabihin nun? kanina try ko ulit iplug sya... 4 umilaw kaso nag blink sila
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby totoybagsik » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 am

totoybagsik
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:40 am

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby totoybagsik » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:31 am

totoybagsik
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:43 am

ahhh ok... thanks brader
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:28 am

updating this thread. :D

ive searched the web yesterday for DIY 3W led drivers and this is what ive found so far...
any comments, corrections and tips will appreciated... paging mobetz again :lol:

credits to bertzen sanjibon of germany for this DIY... spraken heiten van houten :twisted:
This is a very simple guide on how to make a driver for a high power 3w led with changing the resistor, you can connect up to ten high power LEDs to this circuit. All u need is

1 LM317 regulator
1 1.8 ohms resistor (1watt), if u are using only one 3w led
some wire

The LM317 regulator gives out a constant voltage of 1.25 volts between ADJ and Vout.

from left to right: resistor, regulator, 3w high power led, wire

solder wire to the cathode and anode of the 3w high power led:

the red wire has to be connected to minus of pole of the power source (on the next pic the red wire is changed to black), the black wire to the cathode of the led. The resistor connects to the regulator and the black wire;

the constant current circuit:

it's working!!!
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Your Self