[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Marina Mix for Softies?

Marina Mix for Softies?

If you are new to the hobby and would like to have some personalized attention, this is the forum to post your questions

Marina Mix for Softies?

Postby stenchy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi! It's been a long break from saltwater fishkeeping! (~6 years? haha) I've decided to keep a 15 gallon nano tank as my first reef tank. It's be skimerless and sumpless, with chaeto and softies. I'm currently using Reef Crystals as saltmix, but I've checked the ingredients in the Marina Mix and it doesn't seem to be all that bad. (The marina mix is the blue saltwater mix bag present in almost every fish store sa cartimar). Would it make sense to just switch to Marina Mix if softies were my only corals anyway? Or should I just stick with Reef Crystals? I'm also planning to add a cleaner shrimp and a few sexy shrimps in the future.
normalcy is mediocrity
stenchy
reefphilippines member

Re: Marina Mix for Softies?

Postby obet_carlos » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 pm

i would rather stick to reef crystals.. its one of the better brands in the market.. you can shift to instant ocean if price is the issue.. or blue treasure at the very least.. the problem with the blue bag is the consistency..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby roland_0313 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:35 pm

you don't want to go with the blue bag... the quality of packaging is below par and the salt itself is never good. you're better off with what you're currently using.
50 gallon standard size
20 gallon sump
Reef Octopus NWB 110SSS skimmer
DIY light fixture (32 pc 3W bulbs)
DIY Denitrator
Purigen
Refugium
roland_0313
reefphilippines member

Postby stenchy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Alrighty! Thanks! I just thought na baka overkill yung reef crystals for softies, but my zoanthids seem happy since pagbili ko sa kanila from cartimar, closed sila and just two days after fully opened na sila :D
normalcy is mediocrity
stenchy
reefphilippines member

Return to New to the hobby