[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Good start? =)

Good start? =)

If you are new to the hobby and would like to have some personalized attention, this is the forum to post your questions

Good start? =)

Postby luranski » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:41 am

Hi guys,

I am very new to this hobby, gusto ko magka saltwater tank with fishes, live rocks and few corals.
I went to cartimar then nagustuhan ko po yung aqua one na tank (80 gallons for 25-28kk) then im questioning the tindera po talaga if yung overhead built in filter of the tank will suffice don sa community (let say 25 fishes, 20 corals), sabi nia oo daw. Tinatanong ko kasi if dapat may subtank. Sabi niya hindi na need. Tama po ba siya? I just want to make sure po? Is there someone po who can guide me sa pag build ko ng tank then pay na lang ako professionally? thanks po. :D
luranski
reefphilippines member

Re: Good start? =)

Postby jemzac » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:07 am

Happy new year. Sa home tab after Gen Discussion guide to newbie, click, then take time to read, but if you're lazy like I was, you may take the following;

1. In general, never listen to them, syempre gusto nila is the sales, and your future problem will never be their concern.
2. Overhead filter, considering your future plans will not be sufficient even the tank size will not do.
3. 25 fishes in an 80 g, in my opinion, will be too crowded except if you'll get clown gobies only tank which I doubt will be the case.
4. Be obedient & patient :) it's you who will be benefited by its fruit.

You don't have to pay for the advises that our co-hobbyist will give; we are here to help each other, share our experiences, & learn from each other's mistakes & achievements, the group is like a pay it forward in motion; a thank you will do :)
Can't stop staring there is always new :D
jemzac
reefphilippines member

Postby gxo666 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:11 am

Men, just a tip don't buy the Aqua One they're just good from the looks of the aquascape and flower pot corals which will eventually die after 6months or more. You cannot upgrade the filtration system. For such a desired large tank you'll be needing a sump to put your skimmer and or reactor. I also bought an aqua one aio(all in one) tank before and got inlove with it since i'm new to this hobby. But from the requirements and stuff that i learned thru research all i got was disappointment and ended up from buying a new tank from AQUAREEF'S DEN.

If your looking an AIO tank and money is not a matter; i suggest you do a research on Innovative Marine. it's an American Brand and we're blessed that we have a supplier here. Aquareef's Den is a reputable seller of such aquariums. If you have a number i can walk you thru the process of understanding on having a Beautiful Salt water tank.
gxo666
reefphilippines member

Postby luranski » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:59 pm

luranski
reefphilippines member

Postby mamonluk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:09 am

I'm also a newbie like you and have an aquaone as well. It was a gift so who am i to say no and I thought I was going for the planted tank thing. I ended up using a hang on back skimmer and filter but it suited my needs since I had the 40 gallon variant.

If I had it to do it all over again I would have gotten a custom all in on tank (AOI) from Mang Ramon (you will find alot of tanks in the forum made by him,) imported tanks from aquareef or seaturtle designs.

One thing I've learned here is not to trust the carti people. Happy fishkeeping

p.s.

make sure to set aside a good budget for your skimmer and lighting
mamonluk
reefphilippines member

Postby luranski » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:56 pm

luranski
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 am

mang ramon: 09225026681

wow 25k! ang mahal.. may stand na ba yun? good thing you posted here before you bought that and regret that decision.. here's an estimate if your going set up on your own.. 8k for the tank, around 1.5k for the sump, 1.5k for the pipings.. 8k for the cab.. depends on the build and finish.. and return pump, pwede mga less than 2k or DC pumps, mas efficient pero time 2 yung price..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby jhojhie45 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 pm

jhojhie45
reefphilippines member

Postby luranski » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 am

luranski
reefphilippines member

Return to New to the hobby