Curing live rock procedure.

If you are new to the hobby and would like to have some personalized attention, this is the forum to post your questions

Postby Randy51300 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 am

sir, ung live rock po ba sa marine aquaria sa Metrowalk, na cure na po b iyon?

thank you po!
Randy51300
reefphilippines member

Postby sararoo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 pm

What about artificial LRs? Are they ok to use too?
sararoo
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Randy51300 wrote:sir, ung live rock po ba sa marine aquaria sa Metrowalk, na cure na po b iyon?

thank you po!

Not sure. But kahit na cured rock na sya I would suggest that you still cure it yourself para sure.
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:13 pm

sararoo wrote:What about artificial LRs? Are they ok to use too?

You mean artificial corals?
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby sararoo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Oh, is that what it's called? My tank was setup at marine aquaria in Metrowalk kasi and instead of the real thing, they put synthetic/artificial live rocks. When I setup my tank kasi, I didn't research first and I'm sure I'll be scolded by a lot of you here. I depended on the advice, tips and instructions that the manongs gave me at the store. Hence, my fishes were almost wiped out. Now I know better and have been reading and researching so that I wouldn't make the same mistakes again.
GTS Insurance Brokers, Inc.

Protecting your world...
sararoo
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:35 pm

sararoo wrote:Oh, is that what it's called? My tank was setup at marine aquaria in Metrowalk kasi and instead of the real thing, they put synthetic/artificial live rocks. When I setup my tank kasi, I didn't research first and I'm sure I'll be scolded by a lot of you here. I depended on the advice, tips and instructions that the manongs gave me at the store. Hence, my fishes were almost wiped out. Now I know better and have been reading and researching so that I wouldn't make the same mistakes again.

Yeah those are artificial corals. And despite being artificial, you still need to cure those and cycle your tank before putting any livestocks.

Research research! hehe
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby WEDS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:24 pm

wow artificial coral... isn't it expensive?
WEDS
reefphilippines member

Postby sararoo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:43 am

WEDS wrote:wow artificial coral... isn't it expensive?

Super... I got them for PhP 300.00 a piece. But I must admit, they do look much better than the real thing. :)

@shandy_say - Thanks for the info. That's why I'm here... Wanna learn more and more and what better way to learn than to be taught by the gurus right?

Anyway, thanks again.

Protecting your world...
sararoo
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:59 am

sararoo wrote:

Super... I got them for PhP 300.00 a piece. But I must admit, they do look much better than the real thing. :)

@shandy_say - Thanks for the info. That's why I'm here... Wanna learn more and more and what better way to learn than to be taught by the gurus right?

Anyway, thanks again.

Good luck with your tank.
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby sararoo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:47 pm

shandy_say wrote:
sararoo wrote:

Anyway, thanks again.

Good luck with your tank.

Thank you. :D

Protecting your world...
sararoo
reefphilippines member

Postby neshox » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 pm

pano po ba na cucure ang liverocks??

bro, pwede ka mag pa set up sa kathrinas if you want to. meron silang service maintenance. dati kasi nag papa service yun tita ko sa kanila.. now plan ko buhayin yun aquarium ng tita ko.. that's why im here. lurking around to get more infos
neshox
reefphilippines member

Postby azriel_rykov » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 pm

tanong ko lang po sa mga gurus 2 weeks cycling na po yung tank ko then kagabi meron po akong nakitang 1 tiny (1 cm or less) shrimp-look with 1 large clamp and the other is small with red and white color, is it OK to leave it there or do I need to get it off? marami pong salamat
azriel_rykov
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

from your description it might be a pistol shrimp. But better kung may pics.
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby azriel_rykov » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

jourdy wrote:
azriel_rykov wrote:tanong ko lang po sa mga gurus 2 weeks cycling na po yung tank ko then kagabi meron po akong nakitang 1 tiny (1 cm or less) shrimp-look with 1 large clamp and the other is small with red and white color, is it OK to leave it there or do I need to get it off? marami pong salamat

Ito?

Ganyan nga po itsura pero yung color niya patayo hindi pahalang OK lang po ba yan dun or kailangan tanggalin ko?
azriel_rykov
reefphilippines member

Postby mund27 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:39 pm

That's a tiger pistol shrimp! You lucky you! :lol: lagyan mo na lang ng yellow watchman gobby sila ang partners eh :lol: Better save him bro, ok din yan pampadagdag ingay sa gabi... Ingat lang kung maglalagay ka ng cleaner shrimps kasi pumapatay yan ng CS, talk about smaill but terrible :roll:
DT 100G 48x26x24
Sump w/Refugium 50G 38x20x18
Return Rio 20HF Middle Return
DT 8x54W T5HO/Sump Aquahouse 18W
RO DNWB-110
mund27
reefphilippines member

PreviousNext

Return to New to the hobby