[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Total disappoinment with some members

Total disappoinment with some members

Total disappoinment with some members

Postby b_e_c_t » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 pm

Let me first post a part of what is written in the home page

"Our goal is to help educate people about the saltwater aquarium hobby"

I think it is self explanatory that this site is a medium for education and information. Not for business.
I posted a topic several weeks ago on LED. I have zero knowledge on LEDs and was hoping that the more
Experienced keepers would be generous enough to share there knowledge or atleast a link. As of per writting this
Topic I have a total of 4 "business" proposals.

But hey, if the admin is tolerating this kind of activity then I hope you would make it clear to all,Specially for the newbies.

Disappointed.
Planning is all you need to prove them wrong
b_e_c_t
reefphilippines member

Re: Total disappoinment with some members

Postby seth » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 pm

That indeed is very disappointing, and it seems to be the trend these days. :roll:

Anyway bro, you may want to report the said members, as it is stated in the forum rules that any unsolicited / commercial selling even through PMs is prohibited.

Do understand that this forum have limited moderators (and obet is the only active global moderator AFAIK) and we only have one admin (who is very busy) so they cannot monitor every violation.

Anyway as for the DIY LEDs, I believe several links and guides have been posted already, including where to buy/order the items. :)
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 am

Im sorry for what happened to you. But you have to consider some things also.

1. Being moderators or administrators, we have certain privileges that normal members don't have. However, we cannot control what the other members will post or PM (private message). As a moderator, I can only delete/move a reply/thread if I deem it necessary. Only administrators can read and/or delete PMs. It doesn't mean an administrator will read every PM by every member. Maybe after reported case can an administrator monitor a member with his/her unsolicited PMs.

2. If you post something and no one is replying, it doesn't mean no one is willing to help you. Maybe your new thread was just covered up by newer posts. And there are not really that many members here that can answer your query. There are only a handful of people in the Philippines that enjoy this hobby successfully, and only a portion of that is active in this forum. I myself sometimes post at reefcentral and get no replies. It's the biggest saltwater forum in the world. Sometimes I just reply to my thread "anyone?" to bring it up and it works most of the time.

3. As a new guy sometime ago in 2007, I was very inquisitive and ask a lot of questions. Most of the older guys like seth would reply, "The search function is there for a reason". For sure the answer was there when i used that function. You have to realize that the questions you are asking have been asked a thousand times before by other new members as well and older members (more experienced) gets tired answering the same questions over and over again. So research first, use the search button and if you still have some questions, post it in the forum and patiently wait for other members to answer. We are all in this because we love the hobby.

Welcome to the forum and Happy reefing!
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby seth » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 am

To add:

Even if the administrator can read PMs, it does not mean he would or should since that will be a direct violation of the site's User Agreement and an invasion of privacy. No forum works that way. PMs that violate the site rules will only be read if it has been reported by a user.

;)
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby michuelo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:52 am

if you are struggling for a quick answer regarding your question bout leds please check the upper left corner of the page and click the search button :) :) :)
matador lights and red horse dosing with marlboro lights

0921-290-5660
michuelo
reefphilippines member

Postby b_e_c_t » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 am

Many thanks to all that replied.
b_e_c_t
reefphilippines member

Postby yose_ » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm

pampagaan lang ng mood: "most of the older guys like seth". :lol: :lol:

hehe. anyway bro, what i find more useful is google. just enter your search string and then type "site:reefphilippines.com". i thinks it works better than the embedded search function of the site. hth.
The more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know.
yose_
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Kung maka-old si Obet kala mo bagets pa eh! HAHAHA :lol:

Also re LED guide uli, check out calvin's build. Halos lahat na ng kailangan mo andun na rin kung bubuo ka ng 3w array.
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:24 pm

@bect, if im on your shoe, ill help rp forums with this kind of transaction by reporting to the admin those who sends you pm offering leds. That is if i think their interest is to sell their stuff. Ibang usapan din naman kung tumutulong or nagsusugest lang sila.
...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby Mr. A » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 pm

You really need not to mention their name on a certain thread. Let the admin do what they need to do on this matter. Para naman maging fair sa mga paying sponsors.
...one love
Mr. A
reefphilippines member

Postby b_e_c_t » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:26 am

Already reported the names. Thanks again to all.
b_e_c_t
reefphilippines member

Postby paulmt8 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Check out my LEDs build

100g 72x18x18 DT / 50g Sump
Hailea HC-500A Chiller
Reef Octopus NWB200
Jebao DC-12000 return pump
1x Jebao WP25, 1x Jebao WP40
84x 3W LED DIY
GFO and Biopellet TLF Reactors
Reef Angel Contoller
paulmt8
reefphilippines member

Postby reefphilippines » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:17 am

@b_e_c_t

Please send me the messages and users who have privately messaged you.

Thanks.
reefphilippines
reefphilippines supporter

Return to Welcome to ReefPhilippines.com