Suppler for salt water tank/fish

ReefKeeping Expert
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

Moderator: charlesr1958

Suppler for salt water tank/fish

Postby pogi2014 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:44 pm

I live in Mandaluyong City and would like to set up a 30-50 gallon salt water reef tank. Any suggestions on good priced supplers? I been to Cartimar but cause im American seems they want to overcharge me...please advise if you know anyone who can supply fish/coral/and tanks.

Thanks in advance :D
pogi2014
reefphilippines member

Re: Suppler for salt water tank/fish

Postby mindfreak » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Welcome Bro!

First of all you need to have tank first. After a month or two (when you complete the nitrogen cycling) then that is the only time you can add livestocks in it. So first things first, you need to have a tank with a very credible stand that can withold the tremendous weight of the rock, sand, corals and saltwater. Remember that a cubic foot of salt water weighs (on average) 64.1 lbs, while a cubic foot of fresh water weighs only 62.4 lbs. This is one of the main reason why you need to have a sturdy stand aside from the fact that SW corrode metal faster.

For the tank, I would recommend that you contact Mang Roman (0922-5026681). He is one of the most reliable when it comes to tank build here in RP. All you have to do is just give the measurement (or customized design if you had any) and he will do the rest. Just a heads up bro, Mang Ramon can only speak fluently in our native tongue. If you're an American then might as well have a Filipino speaking person that can talk to him :)
With Gratitude,

- Everything is relative in this hobby.
What works for me may not work for you.
mindfreak
reefphilippines member

Re: Suppler for salt water tank/fish

Postby znerenz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Welcome to RP! Mandaluyong reefer here as well :P

Unfortunately being overcharged is something that goes with having been from a first world country :) Good thing you didn't allow yourself to be salestalked in Cartimar.

Anyway, here's where you could buy quality equipment/stocks for our hobby

1. Tank - Mang Ramon. He's the goto guy if you want reasonably priced tanks
2. Fishes - Jourdy
3. Corals - Grahf11
4. Equipments - Fevmarine, Aquariatech

Except Mang Ramon, those are all users/sponsors here in RP with their own threads. Just shoot them a PM detailing what you want.

Good luck!
znerenz
reefphilippines member

Return to Ask Charles