[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - T-5

T-5

A forum for discussions about lighting, protein skimming, calcium reactors, filtration and other equipment.

Postby jimsar » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:36 pm

Here's a thread that might be of interest to all of you considering T-5's.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=721225
Certified Financial Planner
Brokerage General Agent
Alternative Energy Advocate
www.insurelolo.com
jimsar
reefphilippines member

Postby jolt26 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Welcome to ReefPhilippines!

Hero of Rome

http://s1.gladiatus.ph/game/c.php?uid=18795
jolt26

Postby jimsar » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:23 pm

Here's the product description for Aquablue which answers your question:

Description: Combines the properties of a Blue bulb (60%) with a full-spectrum daylight bulb (40%) producing a color temperature of approximately 11000K. Great as a stand-alone bulb or in combination with an Actinic/Blue Plus or Pure Actinic 03 bulb.
Brokerage General Agent
www.insurelolo.com
jimsar
reefphilippines member

Postby Fugu » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:02 pm

Now I wonder what made me think that aqua blue was mostly useless actinics? Thanks for the info Jimsar.
Image Munch, Scream
Welcome to Reef Philippines
H&S skimmer.
Fugu

Postby jolt26 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:05 am

Hero of Rome

jolt26

Postby jimsar » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:45 am

Spectral distribution of Aquablue:
Actinic/Blue Plus:
Pure Actinic 03:

Whose to say which one is "useless" for corals? Different corals have different light requirements; who knows what wavelength is optimal for one's tank?
Brokerage General Agent
www.insurelolo.com
jimsar
reefphilippines member

Postby apol » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:42 pm

apol
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Fugu » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:31 pm

Image Munch, Scream
H&S skimmer.
Fugu

Postby jimsar » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:18 am

That's why I asked those rhetorical questions. As a relatively young hobby, things are evolving so fast. And most "gospel" being passed around is nothing more than a collection of people's experiences. Very little controlled, scientific studies. But that's OK, with time, most bad information gets exposed, anyway. And with some guidance, we pick and choose which ones to use.

I put great value in sharing experiences, we all learn from each other this way. That's one reason I'm active in this forum, hoping to learn and also hoping to share my mistakes and successes. No need for someone else to kill a coral the same way I killed it. :wink:

Speaking of mistakes, or "human error", or brain fart: I left for a few days for Christmas with the in-laws. A few days before I left I was messing with my protein skimmer's adjustment, using the gate valve. Baliktad ang placement of the gate valve because of the tight spot, so, instead of the knob facing me, it faces the other way. In other words, turn left to tighten instead of turn right. To make a long story short, I turned it the wrong way and ended up with only droplets of skimmate for about 5 days! And to make matters worse, I deliberately overfed ahead of time to compensate for the 2 days or so without feeding. So, when I returned two colonies of SPS, same species, had RTN in a few bottom branches. Related ba to no skimming? Again, no one knows.

Ay, sorry for the off topic. :lol:
Brokerage General Agent
www.insurelolo.com
jimsar
reefphilippines member

Postby Fugu » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:27 am

My Skimmer has been offline for a week because the instructions for the ICk meds I purchased specifically says to keep the skimmer off for the duration of the treatment, 1 week.

On another occassion, I experienced the same RTN with my Horrida. It went RTN the day I came back from the hospital. Someone at Aquarium pros posted a similar experience and it was suggested that it may be a low DKH that caused the RTN, upon checking his DKH, it was at 3. Worth investigating. OT
Image Munch, Scream
H&S skimmer.
Fugu

Postby jolt26 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:40 pm

Hero of Rome

jolt26

Previous

Return to Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment