[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Vortech Warning

Vortech Warning

A forum for discussions about lighting, protein skimming, calcium reactors, filtration and other equipment.

Vortech Warning

Postby noricng » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi I am going to purchase a pair of Mp40's soon and I saw in their online manual that there is warning stating that on PULSE mode it can break your aquarium glass. Can I ask the experts here who has experience with vortech MP40's the following:

1. what mode in vortech they are using?
2. how thick is there glass?
3. who made their tanks?
noricng
reefphilippines member

Re: Vortech Warning

Postby noricng » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Will a 12mm thick glass at 5ft x 2 ft x 2ft made by mang ramon handle the various NTM, TSM, Pulse modes of the MP40wes? ANy expert reefers here who have experience that they can share? Thank you so much to all....
noricng
reefphilippines member

Postby marlon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 am

Kung may brace yun glass no worries, kahit MP60 pa yan.
An aquarium brings an element to your space that no other interior feature can.
marlon
reefphilippines supporter

Postby noricng » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 am

Thank you marlon
noricng
reefphilippines member

Postby gibbus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

As long as you don't have strong waves made with the pulse mode it won't make that strong a stress on your tank seams. I prefer to use the reef crest mode myself.
gibbus
reefphilippines member

Postby CLYVZ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Magtatanong lang po. saan makakabili ng MP40 or MP60 Vortech for 60Hz? making a 320Gal tank. salamat sa tulong.
CLYVZ

Postby spy_i » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:48 am

OT

Clyvz musta?
follow more:

http://theprodigalcube.blogspot.com/

Image ImageImage

.... I'm a PC
spy_i
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:34 am

CLYVZ,

vortechs use BLDC (brushless DC) motors. so they have a converter that converts the AC voltage to DC. and most converters(switch mode) are wide range converters. meaning they can operate from any voltage from 90-264Vac and 50-60Hz.
obet_carlos

Postby CLYVZ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:31 pm

@Spy_i - oks naman and finally shutting down my old tank at the house and building a 320 gallon tank. on it's 2 weeks cycling na and 10 weeks to go!

@obet - thanks for the advise and finally got an MP40 to run together with my existing tunze. excited to install it as soon as I get back in Manila. cheers!
CLYVZ

Return to Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment