[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Need Advice

Need Advice

A forum to discuss the requirements and care of macroalgaes

Need Advice

Postby pepperghost » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:11 am

bros...

need help on what to do with my refugium... ive put my ATS on top of my Refugium... below it is the second chamber of my sump that has a DSB... now ive read that DSB doesnt require much lighting sometimes none at all... so im planning to cover it up with something so that i could keep both ats and dsb to work together...

some pictures
and

what i want to happen:
im growing GHA on my ats and i would like a place where the pods that fall from the ats find a place to live somehow in the chamber below it... so im thinking maybe an elevated layer of egg crates and on top of that some live rock or rubble so that the light wont pass through much and infest the top layer of my sandbed with algae... i want to have a dark place for the pods to live at and keep the ATS in its position.

Whats the best thing to do?

Need your advice... thanks in advance... :D
75 Gallons
DSB, ATS, Mangrove
Buying Chaeto PM me if you have some to spare! need it badly! and urgent...
pepperghost
reefphilippines member

Re: Need Advice

Postby obet_carlos » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 am

first of all, ang daming tubig.. punong puno.. bawasan niyo ng konte.. a little lower than the last baffle..

yes you can add eggcrates and LR on top..
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Re: Need Advice

Postby rolandgelo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:58 am

pwede namang maging refugium ung top ng DSB...ok lang na may algae para may tirahan ung pods...basta walang nagsesettle na large particles of waste on top of the DSB para hindi maging contributor ng nitrates

50G shallow nano-(retired)

Current tank-15G nano
rolandgelo
reefphilippines member

Return to Macroalgae Forum